Teacher of Science
Greenbank High School, Southport, Merseyside
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Science, Chemistry, Physics|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
• Provide high quality teaching and learning experiences for students.
• Fulfill the role of Form Tutor to students.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
Main duties and responsibilities are indicated here. Other duties at an appropriate level and nature may also be required and will be negotiated.
Teaching and Learning
• Teach Science at Key Stage 3 and 4, preferably with specialism in chemistry or physics.
• Consistently deliver good or outstanding well planned learning that achieves high outcomes.
• Monitor and identify under achieving students from performance data.
• Report to students and parents as required.
• Liaise with parents to ensure excellent attainment.
• Contribute to the school literacy and reading policies.
• Support Enrichment Day activities to enhance students learning experiences.
• Manage the behaviour of students in classrooms and around the school.
• Understand and fulfill all the requirements of School policies.
• Work as part of a team in the delivery of high quality learning outside the classroom.
• Support the department’s Pupil Premium strategy.
• Contribute to the faculty’s after school revision and extra-curricular programme.
• Support transition in learning at primary and post-16 level.
• As a Form Tutor support the personal development of students.
• Adhere at all times to professional business standards of dress, courtesy and efficiency.
• Attend subject and staff meetings.
• Attend and participate in Open Evenings, Parents’ Evenings and other school events.
• Uphold the school’s Behaviour for Learning Policy and Student Dress Code.
• Be responsible for ensuring subject knowledge is developed and participate in staff training and development.
• Work collaboratively with other schools as an employee of the Southport Learning Trust
Essential educational requirements
Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
Qualified Teacher Status
A specialism in Chemistry or Physics is desirable
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
A passion for Science and a thirst to develop pupils and self as lifelong learners in the subject.
Ability to teach Good or Outstanding lessons
Demonstrable experience of improving student outcomes
Ability to use ICT effectively
Ability to teach the separate sciences at Key Stage 4
Experience of teaching groups of pupils and pupils of all abilities.
Collaborative teaching methods and working with colleagues in the preparation, assessment and monitoring work.
Experience as a form tutor and/or pastoral work
Experience of running an extra-curricular club or visit
Must be well organised with excellent communication and organisational skills
Ability to work hard under pressure while maintaining a positive, professional attitude
Ability to organise and prioritise workload and work on own initiative
Excellent creative teaching ability
Excellent knowledge of Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019
|School size||1009 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Greenbank High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Greenbank High School
Hastings Road, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 2LT