Teacher of Science
We seek from September 2019 an enthusiastic teacher, who is passionate about Science. A teacher who has the ability to motivate students through creative and dynamic teaching within a large friendly and supportive Science department.
You would join our successful Science department in September who are all passionate about delivering a high quality engaging science curriculum incorporating all areas of Biology, Chemistry and Physics to our pupils in both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
The science department has excellent facilities with well-equipped modern laboratories. This role would suit an NQT or experienced teacher. All specialisms welcome.
Essential educational requirements
- Degree or equivalent
- Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
- High quality of classroom teaching consistently ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’
- Contributing to or Writing Schemes of Learning and resources
- Devising and delivering effective GCSE intervention to generate high levels of student progress
- Demonstrating an active role within school
- Experience of partnership working – collaborative working and links with other Science departments other than current establishment.
- Love of Science
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Reflective and clear-headed thinker who makes considered judgements
- Reflective practitioner
About Oxclose Community Academy
- Dilston Close, Washington, Tyne and Wear, NE38 0LN
- Oxclose Community Academy website (opens in a new window)