£25714 - £41604 per annum
Teacher of Science
Ryde, ISLE OF WIGHT, PO33 3LN
Main Pay Range - Upper Pay Range
Full Time, Permanent
Inspire their remarkable with us
Ryde Academy, based on the Isle of Wight, is an 11 to 18 years Secondary Academy and is sponsored by Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). The school is set in spacious grounds in the town of Ryde which is a short walk from the local esplanade; providing excellent transport links to Portsmouth and Southsea. In 2017, Ryde Academy had a new multi-million pound school building built on the existing site, with a student capacity of 1,500.
Known as the "Garden Isle" because of its beautiful landscape, unspoilt beaches, rugged coastline and beautiful countryside; the Isle of Wight is a perfect place to raise a family. Ryde Academy is easily commutable from the south coast with excellent transport links in Ryde to Portsmouth and Southsea.
Are you a self motivated, inspirational Science teacher looking for a new challenge? We're looking for an outstanding practitioner to join our good and rapidly improving Academy. We warmly welcome newly qualified, recently qualified and more experienced practitioners.
* You are ambitious, aiming for excellence, and possess the drive and ambition to ensure each student fulfills their potential.
* You should have a strong track record of raising attainment and achievement of every student in the subject
* You are a passionate advocate of your subject and can effectively lead both departmental and whole school improvement.
* You have the ability to teach across the age and ability range at of 11-16.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
* More opportunity to grow your career - We'll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
* More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We'll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what's best for your children.
* More chance to see what's out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
* More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others' experience - You're connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
* More technology so you can make more impact - Google Workspace Enterprise for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
* More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Monday 10 May 2021
Interviews will commence shortly after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements.
Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
Safer Recruitment Statement Vision Brochure
Ryde Science Teacher.docx.pdfMore on how to apply