Teacher of Science
St Joseph's RC High School and Sports College, Bolton, Lancashire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£24,372 to £40,490|
Teacher of Science Key Stage 3 & 4
T 1 – 9 MPS
From September 2020
The governors of this oversubscribed 11-16 Voluntary Aided RC High School are seeking to appoint a qualified and enthusiastic Teacher of Science.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative individual with ambition and drive, who is passionate about improving the lives of young people. Joining a dynamic and forward looking team you will be given the opportunity to be at the forefront of a fast paced life-transforming team.
As a Catholic Christian community, we offer a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to engage with wonderfully able students who with the right guidance can be inspired to achieve the highest grades.
We are very determined in our mission to transform the lives of young people and create outstanding life chances through educational achievement. We are looking for an innovative, outstanding teacher to inspire students of all ages and abilities. We welcome applications from NQT as well as more experienced staff.
The successful candidate will:
• Be willing to actively support the Catholic Christian ethos of our school
• Have a passion for teaching and have the potential to inspire students and colleagues with a wide range of teaching and learning strategies
• Have a high level of assessment, monitoring, tracking and intervention skills
• Have the potential to be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Have the resilience to work as a team to mend broken lives, fan the flames of enthusiasm and further inspire those who are already excited about a bright future
• Have the drive to prepare young people to be ‘game changers’ in the world.
Do you have what it takes to realise our dream? Can you inspire young people to ‘dream the impossible and achieve beyond their wildest imagination?’ Be part of our life transforming team!
Essential educational requirements
• Good Honours Degree in Science or equivalent
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to effectively teach Science to GCSE
• To have the experience of using a range of tools and evidence, including data, to evaluate the effectiveness of learning and teaching and challenging underperformance
• To be a good or outstanding classroom practitioner
• To understand the issues that may affect students achieving their full potential
• Evidence of seeing new initiatives through to completion and evaluation of their impact
• To have experience in identifying underachievement and planning appropriate intervention
• To have contributed to the identification, planning and implementation of curriculum enrichment activities
• An understanding of current educational initiatives and their impact on the school
• To have an understanding of self evaluation and its role within school improvement
• The ability to promote the spiritual, moral and cultural development of pupils
• Excellent communication skills
The school has a very successful and effective induction programme for NQTs and new colleagues. We are committed to developing leaders at all levels, and preparing middle leaders for more senior roles by supporting them through nationally recognised leadership qualifications and opportunities to lead initiatives to improve the progress of our young people.More on how to apply
|School type||LA Maintained School, Roman Catholic|
|School size||922 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St Joseph's RC High School and Sports College website (opens in a new window)|
About St Joseph's RC High School and Sports College
Chorley New Road, Bolton, Lancashire, BL6 6HW