Teacher of Science
Tudor Grange Samworth Academy, A church of England School, Leicester, Leicestershire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Chemistry, Biology, Physics|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
Tudor Grange Samworth Academy is an all-through school and is seeking to appoint a full time secondary teacher in Science. This is a fantastic opportunity for inspiring and dedicated classroom practitioners to join us at an exciting time in our development. Applications are invited from qualified applicants with the ability, passion and commitment to be an outstanding practitioner.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
• To embrace the school’s values of ‘Tolerance, Unity, Democracy, Opportunity and Respect’.
• To comply with the school’s Code of Conduct.
• To play an active role in achieving the department’s improvement targets.
• To make an active contribution to the development of spiritual, moral, social and cultural education in the school and to support cross-curricular working.
• To set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge students of all abilities and backgrounds.
• To promote good progress and outcomes by students, with an awareness of their capabilities and prior knowledge.
• To demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge, fostering an interest in the subject and a willingness to ensure that critical developments in the subject and curriculum area are understood.
• To plan and teach well-structured lessons, which use lesson time effectively and promote a love of learning and curiosity.
• To set homework and home learning tasks in line with the school timetable.
• To adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all students, differentiating appropriately for students with SEND, G&T, EAL.
• To make accurate and productive use of assessment using relevant data to monitor progress, set targets and inform learning.
• To make accurate and productive use of assessment using relevant data to monitor progress, set targets and inform planning.
• To give students and parents/carers regular feedback orally, through accurate marking, progress reviews, written reports and parent evenings.
• To manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment, following the school’s policies and procedures for both rewards and sanctions.
• To make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school.
• To direct and supervise assigned support staff and, where appropriate, other teachers.
• To participate in arrangements for appraisal and review of own performance and, where appropriate, that of other teachers and support staff.
• To participate in further training and professional development and, where appropriate, that of other teachers and support staff, including induction
Essential educational requirements
A Level (any science)
1. Qualified Teacher Status
2. Good honours Degree
Essential skills and experience
3. Be an excellent classroom teacher, with teaching practice/experience in a comprehensive school
4. Experience of Science curriculum development
5. The ability and experience at teaching at Key stage 3 and Key stage 4
• Opportunities for further professional development developing a mastery approach to teaching and learning
• A full CPD programme bespoke to your development needs
• The opportunities to work with other successful departments across the trust
• The environment to reflect and be develop professionally
• The opportunity to work with our outstanding students
If you have strong inter-personal skills, are ambitious for yourself and your students and have the ability to inspire and lead others, we welcome your application and look forward to hearing from you.
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|Education phase||All Through|
|School size||824 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Tudor Grange Samworth Academy, A church of England School website (opens in a new window)|
About Tudor Grange Samworth Academy, A church of England School
Tudor Grange Samworth Academy one of a family of academies with a shared ethos, common values and collective goals. We are working together in a model of meaningful, focused collaboration to achieve excellence in our schools. We are driven by four key values: Our children will live ‘Happy, fulfilling lives’ Outstanding teaching and learning is our core focus Outstanding Governance supports our schools Leadership and professionalism drives continuous improvement
Tudor Grange Samworth Academy, 50 Trenant Road, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE2 6UA