Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
£25,714 - £41,604
Teacher of Sociology
with Criminology and/or GCSE Psychology
(other second subjects would also be considered)
Part-time options available
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS (if post threshold)
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 12 noon on 16 June 2021
Interview Date: Interviews on application
Start date: September 2021
With a growing Sixth Form and a strong history of good outcomes for students, our Social Sciences provision is growing. Last year saw the addition of Politics to our offer and this year we have added Criminology.
We are looking for a new team member from September 2021. You will be able to teach sociology up to A-level but will also be excited about the challenge of teaching at least one other subject to A-level. Criminology would be our preferred option, but we would also be interested in hearing from those who could deliver Politics or Economics.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Passionate about their subject(s); able to inspire students and help them to understand the real-world relevance of the social sciences.
• Committed to supporting students to achieve their goals, particularly our growing and diverse sixth form.
• Willing to contribute to a small but growing team with an increased range of subjects on offer.
• Interested in contributing to our key development goals: closing the gaps through high-quality literacy teaching, inclusive teaching practices and diversity throughout our curriculum.
In exchange, we offer you:
• The chance to join a friendly, supportive and reflective team
• Strong opportunities for ongoing professional development; through our Trust’s comprehensive programme of professional development and generous financial support for external opportunities (e.g. MSc)
• The chance to work for a school where staff wellbeing and workload considerations are at the heart of decision-making.
• A highly inclusive approach to flexible working: speak to us about part-time or other needs.
If you would like more information about the faculty, email Emma Tilley, Head of Social Sciences firstname.lastname@example.org
An application pack is available from the John Mason School website https://www.johnmason.oxon.sch.uk/joining-us/vacancies/ or from
CVs alone are not acceptable.
Abingdon Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer that recognises the terms and conditions of maintained schools, including maternity benefits. The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
All staff are expected to promote fundamental British values.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.