Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Design and technology
We are looking to appoint a Teacher of Technology. Approximately 50% will be Motor Vehicle Studies and the other 50% general KS3 technology. Training will be provided for teaching the Motor Vehicle course. The purpose of the job will be to:
• To be an excellent teacher, with the drive, passion and commitment to ensure students succeed. To be dedicated to providing the best possible learning experiences, which lead to great outcomes for students.
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
581 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About All Saints Church of England Academy
All Saints Academy is a school in the heart of Plymouth. We are a small school and have 650 students on roll (full capacity). We value our staff and do this by having sensible policies and clear systems in place, such as:
• We do not expect staff to write endless feedback to students. We do not do WWW or EBI but instead have a fast whole class feedback approach and live marking.
• We do not expect you to set homework. This is already planned and set for you with our ‘Need to Know’ Booklets.
• You will not be expected to attend pointless meetings. We value CPD time and to that extent have weekly department and whole staff CPD.
• We do not grade lessons or have formal observations. Instead we invest in incremental coaching, where all staff have a trained coach to watch parts of a lesson and feedback. You will get more out of this than any formal observation or training course.
• We value our future leaders and, along with the Ted Wragg Multi-Academy Trust, we invest in the talent development of our staff.
• Your lessons won’t be disrupted by poor behaviour as we have a place where students go if they can’t focus in your lesson.
• Offers a free work laptop to all staff.
• Lesson resources are prepared for you, using high quality schemes of learning developed by expert leaders across our school and the Trust. We use booklets in lessons for students to work in, fully resourced. You will be free to deliver these how you please, but there is no need or expectation to be planning every night of the week!
• We offer a staff attendance reward policy, where staff can claim vouchers.
• We have corporate membership to the Elfordleigh Hotel and use this for staff events/training. Staff can also access discounted membership rates for their spa and sports facilities.
• Staff can access free health checks with Nuffield Health.