||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
||Design and technology, Food
||Will consider full-time, part-time
||MPS / UPS (Fringe Area) - paid pro rata for part time candidates
TEACHER OF TECHNOLOGY (Food and Textiles)
Part-Time or Full Time (min 0.60 FTE)
Initially Fixed Term until 31st August 2021 with potential to become permanent
Required for January 2021
Required for January 2021, an outstanding Teacher of Technology with specialisms in Food and Textiles to Key Stage 4 who is enthusiastic, talented and ambitious and is willing to contribute to and learn from the best practice in the faculty. The successful applicant will maintain the high professional and academic standards, remaining up to date in terms of subject knowledge and pedagogical techniques as well as ensuring that the faculty functions effectively as a team.
We would like you to have:
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Have a genuine passion for Technology and be committed to maintaining and raising the standards of achievement in the school
• Experience of teaching Food Technology and Textiles to Key Stage 4
We can offer:
• A full or part time contract (minimum of 0.60FTE for part time) initially fixed to 31st August 2021 with potential to become permanent
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Website: www.chancellors.herts.sch.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Pine Grove, Brookmans Park, Hertfordshire, AL9 7BNev
Pine Grove,9 7BN Brookmans Park AL9 7BN
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07796 751982
Applying for the job
How to make an application:
• The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from the school website or from this site
• Completed applications to be emailed to Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager, by Tuesday 24th November 2020. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees.
• We reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found. Therefore, early application is advised
• Interview date Monday 30th November 2020
About Chancellor's School
Chancellor’s School has approx. 1,149 pupils, aged 11–18. It is situated in the beautiful village of Brookmans Park in South Hertfordshire. The school opened in September 1964. The impressive and picturesque grounds are some 15 acres in extent including substantial sports grounds.
Educating children is both a responsibility and a privilege. At Chancellor’s School, we take our responsibility very seriously. We want our students to love school, yet be ready to leave and well prepared for the future. We want them to have achieved excellent examination results, been involved in a wide range of activities, forged lifelong friendships and, above all, have happy memories of their school days.
Chancellor’s has a strong tradition and an excellent reputation for providing the very best education for its students. We aim to equip our young people with a breadth of skills and qualifications, as well as confidence and a natural curiosity that promotes happiness and success, both here at school and beyond. We want students to develop an enjoyment of learning and a desire to learn that will stay with them for life. We are unashamed in the importance we place on our academic results and this is matched by a rich extra-curricular provision. Our sport, music, drama and other activities are of the highest quality.
Our teaching and learning is challenging and engaging for each and every child’s unique needs and talents. We firmly believe in the highest standards of behaviour and nurture positive and purposeful relationships, founded on respect and self-responsibility. We want our students to acquire strong beliefs and values, so that when he or she leaves our school, parents can be justifiably proud of not only what their child has achieved, but also by the sort of person that he or she has become.
This website will give you just a flavour of what we have to offer. For those of you considering an application to the school, there is no better way to judge a school than to come and visit. I hope you will do so and I look forward to welcoming you.
Arranging a visit to Chancellor's School
Please contact Dawn Gamble on 07796 751982 to discuss and arrange a visit to Chancellors School
Pine Grove, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL9 7BN