Teacher of Technology - Food
3 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 March 2023 at 9am
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week, STPC
- M1 to UPS3
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher of Technology, specialising in Food Technology, to join us in September 2023.
The successful applicant will be able to teach across Key Stages to students of all abilities as well as demonstrate a proven track record of securing outstanding student outcomes.
We welcome applications both from early careers and experienced teachers who want to broaden their experience in a growing, dynamic and innovative department with two purpose built, modern kitchens for practical delivery. We currently offer one hour per week catering lessons, all year round at KS3. Students can then opt for Eduqas Hospitality & Catering at KS4.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has relevant experience of teaching Catering in a secondary school
- Is a good teacher who can establish good relationships with, motivate and inspire young people, and who shows the potential and commitment to become and outstanding teacher
- Has good interpersonal skills, the ability to empathise with young people and build positive relationships with students and colleagues
- Is a flexible and perceptive classroom practitioner who can engage students across the age and ability range and enable all to learn, enjoy and make progress
- Has a commitment to personal, professional development and becoming the best you can be.
What the school offers its staff
Working for St Anne’s means that you would be part of the Cranmer Education Trust, a successful, growing Trust which prides itself on looking after its people, offering a high level of support and access to expertise. This is an excellent time to join the team, as we develop collaborative structures and systems to enhance and support our growing family of schools.
Alongside St Anne’s CE Academy, the Trust is made up of The Blue Coat School and two primary schools; East Crompton St George’s and Mayfield Primary. The Trust also incorporates a teacher training school and the East Manchester Teaching Hub; both of which support the training and development of new and existing teachers across the North West of England. We also opened a new secondary school in Oldham in September 2022 for 1,200 pupils, The Brian Clarke CE Academy. For further details please visit https://careers.cranmereducationtrust.com/.
- Opportunities for professional development in a growing Trust
- Teachers career average pension scheme including life insurance and dependent’s pension
- Convenient location for motorway (2 minute drive from Junction 19, M62), bus and tram networks
Further details about the role
St Anne’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Cranmer Education Trust follows safer recruitment practices. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 and appointment is therefore subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. For further information please refer to:
- the Cranmer Education Trust’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Trust Policies | Cranmer Education Trust
- The Trust’s statement on the employment of ex-offenders, in the vacancy Supporting Documents section.
- The job description and person specification for further information regarding the safeguarding responsibilities of the role.
Follow the link Cranmer Education Trust - Careers site to apply for this vacancy. Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing Date: Friday 24 March 2023 at 09:00
The Cranmer Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer and will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About St Anne's Church of England Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 784 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to St Anne's Church of England Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Saint Paul's Catholic High School
Firbank Road, Manchester, M23 2YS
St Anne's Church of England Academy
Hollin Lane, Manchester, M24 6XN
King James's School
St Helen's Gate, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD4 6SG
The Blue Coat CofE School
Egerton Street, Oldham, Lancashire, OL1 3SQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Greater Manchester