Teacher, SEN specialist
Early years, KS1, KS2
The successful candidate will be:
• In receipt of (or willing to work towards) the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination qualification
• Have a proven track record of delivering QFT teaching to a pupils with a range of needs
• Dedicated to providing high quality education, behaviour management and high expectations and be capable of supporting colleagues to meet the needs of SEN pupils across school
• Committed to the raising of standards, particularly those of pupils with SEND
• A thorough understanding and knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice
• Good communication skills and be committed to working as part of a flexible, effective team
• Skilful in working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs
• Experienced in management and organisation of leading and managing staff
• Have a passion for high quality inclusive teaching and learning which promotes the highest standards of pupil achievement for all.
• Able to develop excellent, positive relationships with the whole school community and work collaboratively with colleagues and external agencies
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
In return we can offer:
• Excellent professional development where career aspirations of staff are nurtured at all levels
• Support from an experienced and dedicated pastoral team
• Lively, inquisitive, and engaging children who are proud of their school
• A school which is reflective and strives for continual improvement
• The opportunity to work in a new, purpose built environment
• A focus on the well-being of the whole school community
SEN Allowance 1-2 (depending on experience)
Applying for the job
Completed applications can be posted to the school address or emailed to:
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
256 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Moorside Community Primary School
Moorside Community Primary School is seeking to appoint an experienced, energetic and talented class teacher (EYFS, KS1 or KS2) who has the skills and enthusiasm to be the SENCO in our inclusive school. As a school we nurture ‘talent’ and as a forward-looking school we are always seeking ways to develop our staff and their careers.
Our school currently has 239 pupils on roll inclusive of 34 Nursery pupils. We have above average FSM and deprivation. The vision for Moorside Community Primary School is “Proud to Succeed” (no matter what their background or starting point) to achieve their full potential and where aspirations are achieved and dreams are a reality for all pupils, staff and families.
Arranging a visit to Moorside Community Primary School
We would be delighted to show you around school and visits to school are warmly encouraged within our COVID 19 risk assessment. Please also see our website https://www.moorside-primary.org.uk/ which also contains a virtual tour of the site.
To arrange a visit to the school, please contact the School Business Manager Blair Laycock firstname.lastname@example.org