Teacher job summary
The College is rated as ‘Good’ following a recent Ofsted visit in March 2018 and our focus now, is to move from Good to Outstanding.
What we are looking for
We are seeking to appoint an English teacher to join our team of hardworking and professional staff to teach across KS 3 & 4. We are looking for an outstanding teacher, who is able to enthuse & motivate students. Someone who is passionate about providing outstanding provision for children who may present with challenging behaviour, and who has an understanding of complex needs and some experience in social and emotional health difficulties.
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers, NQTs, and former teachers returning to teaching.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding practitioner who inspires our students & colleagues.
• Be creative in designing, upholding & delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum.
• Believe that every student can & will succeed.
• Be flexible, strategic & resilient with an ability to work collaboratively with other specialist agencies and contribute towards the continued development of WSAPC
• Have the highest ambitions for our students, the College & themselves.
• Have excellent organisational & ICT skills.
• Have an enthusiasm for English & the ability to share this with students.
• Have excellent subject knowledge.
• Achieve outstanding student outcomes.
• Possess the skills & determination to make a significant difference to the lives of the community we serve.
• The flexibility to deliver another subject is desirable but not essential
You will have:
• First Degree or Certificate of Education
• Substantial and relevant experience with Special Educational Needs, preferably SEMH
• Relevant and recent professional development conducive to the post
• Experience of contributing to successful Ofsted outcomes
We can offer:
• Invaluable experience of working in an Alternative Provision setting
• Opportunity to work in a rewarding and vibrant team environment
• Full support and ongoing training
• Opportunities to progress and work interdepartmentally
• Inclusion in our School Wellbeing strategy
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including references and Disclosure & Barring Service check.
WSAPC is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications for all vacancies from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief
SEN 1 Allowance
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.