To provide classroom cover of up to 3 days during any short-term absence.
To work with teachers to organise and support teaching and learning activities for classes. The primary focus is to undertake specified work with individuals, groups and whole classes under the direction and supervision of a qualified teacher.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
1. Plan, prepare and deliver specified learning activities to individuals, small groups and/or classes modifying and adapting activities as necessary under the direction and supervision of a teacher
2. Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment
3. Liaise with staff and other relevant professionals and provide information about pupils as appropriate
4. Use teaching and learning objectives to plan, evaluate and adjust lessons/work plans as appropriate within agreed systems of supervision
5. Assess the needs of pupils and use knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning
6. Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
7. Provide specialist support to pupils with learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties
8. Provide specialist support to pupils where English is not their first language
9. Provide specialist support to gifted and talented pupils
10. Provide specialist support to all pupils in a particular learning area (e.g. ICT, literacy, numeracy, National Curriculum subject)
11. Develop and implement Individual Development Plans for pupils (such as Individual Educational Plans), including attendance at, and contribution to, reviews
12. Support the role of parents / carers in pupils’ learning and contribute to meetings with parents / carers to provide constructive feedback on pupil progress/achievement etc.
13. Contribute to the development of policies and procedures
14. Provide short- term cover supervision of classes and PPA cover as required
15. Be responsible for the preparation, maintenance and control of stocks of materials and resources
16. Liaise with external agencies on a regular basis
17. Provide pastoral care to pupils for example as head of year or tutor group
18. Be responsible for pupils who are not working to the normal timetable
19. Assist pupils with eating, dressing and hygiene, as required, whilst encouraging independence
20. Invigilate exams and tests
21. Be responsible for the presentation of displays
22. Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the academy, raising any concerns following academy protocol/procedures
This job post has expired.