Teaching Assistant 3 (£21,589 - 23,836 pro-rata )
To work collaboratively with the SENCo, school staff and other professionals as appropriate to meet the curriculum, personal and social needs of pupils, including those with SEND.
To establish positive, supportive and constructive relationships with pupils, parents / carers and the wider community to contribute effective ideas and strategies.
To assist with the planning, delivery and evaluation of the curriculum and its differentiation amongst pupils.
Plan and deliver and evaluate teaching and learning activities to individuals or groups of pupils.
To undertake supervisory cover for classes as appropriate.
In addition to the following duties, the postholder may be required to undertake any of the duties normally associated with a lower graded Teaching Assistant post.
Support for Pupils
To work collaboratively with staff in the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of the effectiveness of the curriculum for pupils and to contribute towards differentiated curriculum content according to the needs of pupils.
• To plan and implement specific programmes with individual pupils or groups appropriate to the developmental needs of individual pupils throughout different curriculum areas.
• To be fully involved in the planning, development and implementation of independent social and interpersonal skills and to undertake activities to support the personal, social and emotional needs of pupils.
• To assist in the devising of pupil's individual targets and their monitoring and review through statutory reviews and school systems.
• To support pupils as part of a planned inclusion programme.
• To develop positive relationships with pupils and all relevant staff to assist pupil progress and attainment.
• To monitor and record pupil progress on a regular basis and to prepare reports as required.
• To assist in the specific medical/care needs of pupils when specific training has been undertaken.
Essential educational requirements
English and Maths GCSE grade C or above
Teaching Assistant Level 3 or equivalent.
Essential skills and experience
1. To be familiar with the 2014 SEN Code of Practice.
2. To understand SEND categories and
3. To have a wide range of effective strategies to support pupils with SEND.
4. To understand classroom roles and responsibilities.
5. To understand the concept of confidentiality.
6. To be able to assess pupils' abilities and progression.
About Albany Academy
- Bolton Road, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 3AY
- Albany Academy website (opens in a new window)