We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant at Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace to support individuals and groups of children to enable access to learning, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Qualifications to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.
Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace (HPACR) is a two-form entry school situated in Penge, which is part of the London Borough of Bromley.
HPACR is an inclusive academy and we want every one of our children, from Nursery to Year 6, to have a truly happy experience at school. We strive to ensure that every pupil feels valued and safe. The children's achievements are celebrated every day in their lessons and we are proud that they are kind, caring, self-assured and eager to learn.
We believe that through expert teaching and support all children can achieve to a high standard. Ultimately, our aim is to make sure that our pupils leave us feeling that they have succeeded both academically and in the extracurricular aspects of school life. We want our pupils to be thoroughly prepared for the opportunities that secondary school will offer them.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
As Teaching Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and supporting identified children in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Assisting in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies, working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports each identified child's learning needs
- Assisting in evaluating identified children's progress through agreed assessment activities
- Providing detailed and regular feedback to teachers on children's achievement, progress and needs
- Leading small group sessions and interventions as appropriate
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.