- Visas cannot be sponsored
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
Full-time equivalent salary
- Salary calculated in line with the NJC Scale Range, Grade C, Scale Points 3 to 6, £22,737 - £23,893 (FTE) £19,608 - £20,605 Actual Salary.
The Teaching Assistant role is an exciting addition to the Gloucester academy team. This role gives you the opportunity to join Gloucester Academy and further contribute to the life chances of our young people in the school, and across the Greenshaw Learning Trust. It is a chance to be part of something very special.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be passionate about working with children. You will enjoy helping them learn and grow. At Gloucester Academy we are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join us to work alongside the classroom teacher to provide additional support to the whole class or individual students.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, patient, and has a positive attitude towards learning. You will be responsible for providing individualised support, building relationships with your student and their family, and working closely with the classroom teacher to create a supportive learning environment.
All of our staff are expected to:
- To contribute to the evaluation of the school’s SEN Policy and Inclusion Policy and practice through discussions with relevant staff.
- To attend appropriate in-service training provided by the school or local authority.
- To attend school team meetings and meetings with external agencies as required and to prepare reports for these meetings, if required.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- To provide in-class support for all students, focusing on SEND or small groups of students (e.g. 4-5 students), including specialist subject support as appropriate.
- Under the direction of the class teacher, to assist in the management of the whole class through the overt modelling of effective behaviour management techniques.
- Small group intervention.
- Under the direction of the SENDCo, to develop and lead small group work for identified students (e.g. Speech and Language Interventions) and to contribute to the appropriate paperwork for these groups
- To assist in the production of teaching and learning materials for students, including differentiating the materials.
- To provide support, to include personal care, for student(s) experiencing physical or medical difficulties (following training), and physio/transferring of students as appropriate.
- To provide after school support for identified students as required.
- To provide regular feedback to the class teacher and to the SENDCo or the relevant line manager.
- To use appropriate systems for recording the progress of students with behavioural and learning difficulties.
- To provide data and information to inform Annual and Transition Review paperwork, PSP's (Pastoral Support Programme), Student Profile documentation and Academic Reporting.
- To undertake assessment of students and to provide data to the relevant member(s) of staff for analysis.
- To provide support to identified students undertaking tests/exams to enable them to make full use of their access arrangements.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 20th February 2024. We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
We are committed to building an inclusive, diverse workplace where everyone can thrive. If you require any support or adjustments to interact with us, please let us know. Greenshaw Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Greenshaw Learning Trust are committed to building an inclusive, diverse workplace where everyone can thrive. If you require any support or adjustments to interact with us, please let us know.
Greenshaw Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS and barred list check.
This job post has expired.