- View all Term timejobs
- 30 hours, 40 minutes per week
8.50am – 3.20pm – Monday, Thursday, Friday
8.50am – 3.40pm – Tuesday, Wednesday
30 minute unpaid lunch break
- Fixed term (to 21/07/2023)
- G2 - £15,162 per annum
Teaching Assistant job summary
Are you looking for an innovative and forward thinking school which genuinely invests and develops you?
Then come and join us at Whitmore High School where we believe all our exceptional staff contribute to transforming students’ lives!
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who would like to be part of a friendly and hard-working team that supports students across the curriculum with a wide range of Special Educational Needs. These include: ASD, social and emotional and behavioural difficulties and physical and learning difficulties.
The successful candidate will:
• Help students with their work in all areas of the curriculum according to a negotiated timetable
• Build up relationships with students in the class who may not have previously experienced much success at school
• Attend to students' personal care including helping some with toileting; following the advice of medical professionals, psychologists and social workers working with the school
• Plan with teachers how individual students' educational needs can best be met in lessons and, where appropriate, helping adapt learning resources
• Be a positive team player, willing to pitch in and help out where needed and believe in the importance of team work and a collaborative approach
• Be committed to
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and the principles and practice of equal
• Be committed to the principles and practice of safeguarding all young people
• State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
• Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
• You’ll be working in an OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ school
• Exceptional and wide ranging CPD opportunities
• Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, well-being garden, on-site massage, weekly fruit, book club with free Kindle loan for staff etc.
• Free annual flu jab
• Free use of the on-site gym
• Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
Applying for the job
Please click on the link to access the online application form via the school website.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Whitmore High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1684 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Please view our school website for further details on the school. OFSTED graded outstanding in all areas and commented “ Students have outstanding attitudes to learning and take a pride in their work ”. Our students are happy, well behaved and make excellent progress.
Whitmore High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all staff are expected to share this commitment. A copy of our child protection policy can be found on the school website. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and pre-employment checks. It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, this post is listed as an exempted employment. You therefore need to reveal all spent convictions during the recruitment and vetting process.