Teaching Assistant Alternative Curriculum
Cheltenham Bournside School and Sixth Form Centre, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Grade F Pts. 6 – 12 (£19,698- £22,183) Pro Rata|
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to develop our aspect of alternative provision and focus on nurture and social skills. The successful candidate would be working with students in small groups and a 1:1 basis
Our Local Offer encompasses a range of in-class support and small group interventions.
Further details please see our comprehensive recruitment brochure.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
· Provision of all necessary IT equipment.
· Childcare vouchers.
· Cycle to work scheme.
· Time off in-lieu for staff who offer revision sessions during the Easter and Whitsun holiday periods to year 11 and/or year 13 students.
Lifestyle and wellbeing
· On-site parking facilities and cycle storage.
· Free access to the school’s fitness suite.
· A smart marking policy which ensures that students benefit from their teachers’ dynamism and energy in lessons, rather than being exhausted through over-work.
· Two ‘collapsed’ INSET days, served as twilight CPD sessions and resulting in two additional days of holiday per academic year.
· A comprehensive range of staff social events throughout the year.
· Whether it is a quick cappuccino and a bacon roll for breakfast or a hearty winter soup and a warm baguette for lunch, our state-of-the-art dining centre offers excellent facilities and is open between 7:30am and 4:30pm each day.
· A designated period each fortnight to engage in the Self-Reflective Practitioner Programme; an internal CPD programme designed to give all teachers the necessary time to reflect and refine their practice.
· Support to complete further academic study and professional qualifications.
· Access to high quality in-house and external leadership development programmes, tailored to a wide variety of levels of experience.
· Opportunity to be trained as an accredited ‘Apple Teacher’.
|School size||1687 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Cheltenham Bournside School and Sixth Form Centre website (opens in a new window)|
About Cheltenham Bournside School and Sixth Form Centre
Cheltenham Bournside School and Sixth Form Centre is a mixed, non-denominational academy school for students aged 11 to 18. It is located in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire and currently has about 1,700 students and 360 sixth form students.
It settled in its current location of Warden Hill in the early part of the 1970s and converted to academy status in 2011.
Warden Hill Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 3EF