Harris Academy Tottenham is looking for a Teaching Assistant and medical lead.
The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ level 2 or above
- Paediatric first aid qualification
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in the workplace
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students
- Experience of delivering first aid in schools
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we are innovative, open and collaborative. We would like fellow innovators, passionate pedagogists and creative class leaders to join us during this exciting time. With a dedicated SLT team on hand for support and guidance, there are a multitude of CPD opportunities to thrive on. You can expect to be a part of a fantastic team of dedicated teachers and support staff as well as an attentive, supportive work culture.
Our brand-new facilities allow us to continue expanding our curriculum offer, ensuring students experiences are both varied and enriching. The premises has undergone a comprehensive programme of refurbishment, and reached completion in May 2019. Our new Sports Block opened in May 2019, and has fantastic facilities including a Sports Hall, Activity Studio, Multi Use Game Areas.
Having been recognised as ‘Outstanding' by OFSTED in June 2017, we are excited to have new members of staff join us in delivering transformative learning experiences. The inspectors commented that ‘learning is the business of the day' and that sentiment underpins all that we do. Since then, the school continues to grow and strive for the highest standards.
“At our Academy, children will develop their academic scholarship alongside their character; becoming citizens who are a credit to their local community. We provide an extensive extracurricular programme to allow students to develop as a well-rounded person, ready and prepared to embark upon whichever pathway they desire. That is only possible through the partnership that exists between families and colleagues and partners at the academy. We are incredibly proud of the close relationships that develop between colleagues, parents, governors and pupils, and indeed they are central to all that we do.” Nick Soar, Executive Principal
The role will have three main purposes:
- As Teaching Assistant, to support individuals and groups of students to access to learning and progress well, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment. Teaching assistants may be deployed to work as a class-based teaching assistant, or to support specific pupils with SEND. Deployment will depend on the needs of the pupils and the academy and may be subject to change to meet these needs.
- As Medical Lead, to manage the medical provision, ensuring students with medical conditions are properly supported in school.
- As First Aid Lead, to manage the academy first aid provision, including monitoring supplies of first aid kit, managing the medical accommodation and ensuring there are always sufficient trained first aiders on site.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.