The Teaching Assistant roles are an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in our children’s education, drawing on your commitment to
developing pupil learning ability and knowledge accessibility. Working closely with class teachers you will be helping pupils to expand their
knowledge and play a positive role in school life. You will utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to help pupils
understand the information presented.
Your duties as a Teaching Assistant will include:
● Supervise and provide learning support for a pupil with special needs.
● Assist with the development of individual education and behavioural plans setting challenging expectations for pupils to achieve learning
● Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
● Encourage pupils to interact with the class and engage in activities.
● Provide feedback to pupils and teachers on pupil’s achievement, progress and any problems that arise.
● Create and maintain an orderly and supportive environment, undertaking administrative tasks as needed.
● Promote good pupil conduct encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
● Support the use of technology in learning and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
● Prepare resources required for learning activities and assist pupils in their use.
● Uphold policies and procedures relating to child protection and data protection.
● Supervise pupils before school, after school and on school trips
Delamere Church of England Primary Academy is looking for exceptional individuals to join the school as Teaching Assistants. We would like people who are good at communication with children, parents and staff, and have the skills and desire to enthuse children each and every day. We believe that we have something special to offer the successful applicants. Delamere is a truly great place to work, our foundations being based on creating an environment that allows children to realise their full potential. If you are looking for a new exciting challenge, if you are organised, hardworking and have the passion required to work with us then please apply.
• Satisfactory enhanced DBS check and references.
• Experience of working in schools
• The ability to work with children across the primary age range.
• Being able to work with parents and carers, outside agencies, in
partnerships and collaboration to secure achievement,
enrichment opportunities and resources for children.
Personal Qualities & Attributes
• Creative, warm, engaging and transparent
• Well organised, calm and very positive, confident and assuring.
• Able to quickly engage and build appropriate relationships with
• Able to encourage, inspire, motivate children.
• Dependable and reliable, with an excellent record of attendance.
• Willing to go the extra mile
A good understanding of the national Key Stage (KS)
curriculum and child development and learning.
The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong
verbal communication skills, building positive relationships
with pupils and understanding their needs.
The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention,
reassurance and support with learning tasks as appropriate to
The ability to monitor a pupil’s response to learning
activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the
intended learning outcomes.
The ability to provide constructive feedback to pupils in a
way that reinforces self-esteem, handling complex and
sensitive issues with empathy and understanding.
An interest in continuing your personal and professional
development, self-evaluating learning needs and actively
seeking new teaching methods.
The ability to use a computer and the main office software such as Word and Powerpoint.
At Delamere C of E Academy the safeguarding of all children is of the highest priority. We provide a secure environment for children where they feel safe and are kept safe. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children is everyone's responsibility. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent, effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support children, families and staff at school.
We ensure our practice adheres to 'Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022' statutory guidance for schools and colleges on safeguarding children and safer recruitment.
This job post has expired.