92 days remaining to apply
Start date details
As soon as possible
30 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
7 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Part timejobs - Please contact the school for further details of available hours.
- Fixed term - By negotiation
Full-time equivalent salary
- From £21000
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Teaching Assistant roles are an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in our children’s education, drawing on your commitment to developing pupil learning ability and knowledge accessibility. Working closely with class teachers you will be helping pupils to expand their knowledge and play a positive role in school life. You will utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to help pupils understand the information presented. Your duties as a Teaching Assistant will include:
● Supervise and provide learning support for a pupil with special needs.
● Assist with the development of individual education and behavioural plans setting challenging expectations for pupils to achieve learning goals.
● Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
● Encourage pupils to interact with the class and engage in activities.
● Provide feedback to pupils and teachers on pupil’s achievement, progress and any problems that arise.
● Create and maintain an orderly and supportive environment, undertaking administrative tasks as needed.
● Promote good pupil conduct encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
● Support the use of technology in learning and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
● Prepare resources required for learning activities and assist pupils in their use.
● Uphold policies and procedures relating to child protection and data protection.
● Supervise pupils before school, after school and on school trips
What the school offers its staff
Delamere Church of England Primary Academy is looking for exceptional individuals to join the school as Teaching Assistants. We would like people who are good at communication with children, parents and staff, and have the skills and desire to enthuse children each and every day. We believe that we have something special to offer the successful applicants. Delamere is a truly great place to work, our foundations being based on creating an environment that allows children to realise their full potential. If you are looking for a new exciting challenge, if you are organised, hardworking and have the passion required to work with us then please apply.
Further details about the role
• Satisfactory enhanced DBS check and references.
• Experience of working in schools
• The ability to work with children across the primary age range.
• Being able to work with parents and carers, outside agencies, in partnerships and collaboration to secure achievement, enrichment opportunities and resources for children.
Personal Qualities & Attributes
• Creative, warm, engaging and transparent
• Well organised, calm and very positive, confident and assuring.
• Able to quickly engage and build appropriate relationships with children.
• Able to encourage, inspire, motivate children.
• Dependable and reliable, with an excellent record of attendance. • Willing to go the extra mile
• Flexible Skills
A good understanding of the national Key Stage (KS) curriculum and child development and learning.
The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills, building positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils’ needs.
The ability to monitor a pupil’s response to learning activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
The ability to provide constructive feedback to pupils in a way that reinforces self-esteem, handling complex and sensitive issues with empathy and understanding.
An interest in continuing your personal and professional development, self-evaluating learning needs and actively seeking new teaching methods.
The ability to use a computer and the main office software such as Word and Powerpoint.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 112 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Delamere CofE Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 168 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Delamere CofE Primary Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01829 707979
At Delamere C of E Primary Academy, we are proud to deliver a rich and creative learning experience that enables all the children to fulfil their potential. Our vision puts children first. As a Christian School, we aim for all children to be successful, independent learners and effective decision makers. We value the individual and are committed to an inclusive education promoting respect for all, working in partnership with governors, parents and the local community
Arranging a visit to Delamere CofE Primary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Lacey Green Primary Academy
Barlow Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 4DP
Brookburn Community School
Brookburn Road, Manchester, M21 8EH
Therapeutic Teaching Assistant (Level 2)
St Ann's Church of England Primary School
View Road, Prescot, Merseyside, L35 0LQ
St Oswald's Worleston CofE Primary School
Church Road, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 6DP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cheshire