- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Term time
Full time 32.5 hours per week 8.05am - 3.05pm (to include 30 minute unpaid lunch break)
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Grade 3 (Points 5 - 6) £19,842.94 - £20,239.90
- Actual salary
- Actual salary approx. £14,571 - £15,197
This post would suit someone looking to develop expertise working with children with SEND or working towards a career in teaching.
We are delighted to offer this exciting opportunity for an inspirational, enthusiastic and engaging Teaching Assistant to join our supportive and successful team.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant in a varied role that may include providing individual support for a pupil with additional learning needs as well as working with small groups of children or individuals, under the direction of teaching staff, to ensure all pupils make excellent progress and reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- high expectations of what children can achieve
- experience of working with children in the secondary range
- flexibility and creativity
- resilience, and can pick themselves up when things don’t go to plan
- a passion for and experience of working with children with emotional difficulties
In addition, you will:
- have lots of energy and patience
- demonstrate good communication skills
- have a positive, hardworking attitude
- be able to work effectively within a committed team
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.