Teaching Assistant - Learning Support Practitioner
This job expired on 21 March 2023 – see similar jobs
21 March 2023 at 9am
2 February 2023
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £15,722.00 to £16,297.00
Teaching Assistant - Learning Support Practitioner job summary
We have a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join the team here at The Oldham Academy North, working with teachers to support teaching and learning, providing general and specific assistance to pupils and staff under the direction, guidance and direct supervision of the classroom teacher. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
Reporting to the HLTA or SLT link
- Work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Support pupils to understand instructions and support independent learning
- Assist with the implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour plans and Personal Care programs under the supervision and guidance of teaching staff
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work
- Use strategies, under the supervision and guidance of the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
Salary: £15,722 - £16,297 - FTE - £20,441 - £21,189
32.5 hours per week - 39 weeks per year
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
The Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 academy in Oldham. We set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors of their community. We continue to be a 'Good' school, whilst leading to excellent student progress and putting us in the top 20% of schools nationally. To find out more about us, please visit: https://theoldhamacademynorth.e-act.org.uk/
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
About The Oldham Academy North
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1322 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Oldham Academy North website (opens in new tab)
The Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 secondary academy in Oldham. We have over 1100 students on roll and set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors for their community.
Similar jobs nearby
Accrington St Christopher's Church of England High School
Queen's Road West, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 4AY
Tottington High School
Laurel Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL8 3LY
Parr Lane, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 8LP
Manchester Enterprise Academy
Simonsway, Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester, M22 9RH
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oldham and Greater Manchester