Teaching Assistant Level 2
This job expired on 5 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
5 June 2023 at 9am
17 May 2023
- Key stage 3
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week - Term Time Only
- £16,010 - £17,523 pa (actual) / £20,904 - £22,879 (FTE)
plus SEN allowance
What skills and experience we're looking for
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Teaching Assistant to join High Point Academy, a brand-new purpose built special free school in Friar Park, Wednesbury. Our new Academy will educate up to 90 pupils aged 11-16 years with autism and moderate learning difficulties. This new Academy is part of Forward Education Trust, a growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area.
The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting and assisting pupils with autism. We need staff who are confident, patient and nurturing and who want to help us to support our pupils to thrive and develop into successful young people. Successful applicants will be able to work collaboratively with teaching staff in order to plan and deliver high quality educational provision for our young people.
Forward Education Trust is committed to providing continuous professional development for all staff and encourage a supportive, motivating, and engaging working environment in all of our Schools.
All applicants must be qualified to NVQ level 2 or equivalent and be able to evidence this on request.
What the school offers its staff
- Teacher Pension or Support Staff Local Government Pension – Employer Contribution
- FET HUB – information all in one place, access to a range of benefits
- Paid for Health Cash Plan – employee and dependent children benefit – option to add partner
- Employee Questionnaire – Consultation with staff on a range of issues and ideas
- Salary sacrifice scheme – Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to the NHS approved Thrive App – to support mental health & well-being
- Comprehensive induction and probation support and an ongoing performance management & appraisal system
- Easy purchase scheme (salary deduction) – Smart Tech in association with Currys
- Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme – free, totally confidential advice, with face-to-face consultations
- Personal & professional learning & development – including FLICK online learning and other resources
- Access to discounts and offers from Reward Gateway and MyPerks
- Occupational Health Service – accessible to support the needs of individual staff
- Staff recognition – e-cards to celebrate success among colleagues
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Policies being developed to support positive health & well-being: Family Friendly Working, Special Leave of Absence, Flexible Working, Menopause
- Staff recognition – awards throughout the year, in line with Trust behaviours and values
- A commitment to develop new ideas to show we really value what you do for our children
Further details about the role
To apply, please complete an application form and email it to email@example.com
The Trust may review applications upon receipt and may call applicants for interview prior to the advert closing date. Therefore, you are encouraged to make an early application for this role and we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date.
Please note that only fully completed Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted; we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) or accept them in place of an application form.
If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted. The successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Forward Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos.
About High Point Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 30 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
High Point Academy opened in September 2021 for children and young people aged 11-16 years who all have an Education Health and Care Plan and a diagnosis of Autism. The school is part of Forward Education Trust, who specialise in SEN provision. We are increasing our pupil numbers in September 2023 which has allowed for this fantastic new role.
Similar jobs nearby
Pool Hayes Academy
Castle Drive, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV12 4QZ
TEACHING ASSISTANT/PERSONAL CARER
Hall Green School
Southam Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B28 0AA
Finham Park 2
Torrington Avenue, Coventry, West Midlands, CV4 9WT
Thomas Alleyne's High School
Dove Bank, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 8DU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in West Midlands