- £17,551.00 to £19,764.00 (FTE £20.043.00 to £22,571.00)
Teaching Assistant Level 3 job summary
We are looking to recruit an exceptional Level 3 Teaching Assistant to is to work with teachers to support teaching and learning by providing specialist support to the teacher in an aspect of the curriculum, age range or additional needs. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
Reporting to the HLTA or SLT link, this post holder will be accountable for
Support for pupils
• Select appropriate resources/methods to facilitate agreed learning activities, differentiating and adapting learning programmes to suit the needs of allocated pupils
• Assist with the implementation of individual Education/Behaviour plans and Personal Care programs as agreed with the teacher
• Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
• Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
• Understand and support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils as required
Support for the teacher
• Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work
• Plan and evaluate specialist learning activities with the teacher, writing reports and records as required
• Select and use strategies, as agreed with the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals.
• Monitor and record pupils’ responses to learning achievements, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved to the attention of the teacher
• Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, and behaviour
• Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with the established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
Salary - £17,551.00 to £19,764.00 FTE £20.043.00 to £22,571.00
37 hours per week - 39 weeks per year
Parkwood E-ACT Academy - Come join our team
We are a forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom. We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Part of the E-ACT family:
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country. We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
Our Trust offers:
Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
Ride to Work Scheme
Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
Find out more about E-ACT: www.e-act.org.uk
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applying for the job
Click on the linkMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.