This job expired on 20 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
20 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
28 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Teaching Assistant Qualified or Trainee Opportunities Salary Dependant on skills and experience To commence as soon as possible 32.5 hours per week – Term Time Only (Flexible Working Patterns Considered
- Fixed term - July 2024
Full-time equivalent salary
- Salary dependant on skills and experience
What skills and experience we're looking for
We require confident people who can relate well to students and are committed to supporting teaching and learning. Previous classroom experience is preferred but not essential. This post could suit a range of applicants from students considering a gap year, graduates considering moving on to their PGCE or a former teacher considering a return to the profession. Primary colleagues who are looking to move into a secondary school setting are also encouraged to apply.
The academy is currently working towards achieving the Autism and Dyslexia Friendly Kitemarks and was awarded the Wellbeing Award for Schools last Summer. We are frequently selected to pilot new initiatives by the Local Authority and have very recently been awarded funding for a new sensory room and outdoor classroom.
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent Teaching Assistant, or able to demonstrate the potential to become one, who is passionate about working with children and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community to improve whole school wellbeing and mental health;
- Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our School;
- Experienced in working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties or a willingness to train in this regard;
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children;
- Have values which align with our ethical leadership.
What the school offers its staff
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, inspirational and highly motivated professional to join our successful school. Working within our Learning Support department, your role will be to provide support, either in lessons, as 1:1 tuition, or to small groups of students with varying abilities. You will be encouraging and supporting individual pupils to reach their full potential, whilst demonstrating a creative and determined attitude that will help motivate students. You will be directly supporting the students, as well as helping to organise the teaching and learning resources available to students and staff.
We are able to offer this post on trainee basis. Apprenticeships are available in order to attain a formal Teaching Assistant Level 3.
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and
students. We operate safer recruitment,
robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for
all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Elizabethan Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1048 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Elizabethan Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
The Elizabethan Academy is a successful 11-19 Academy full of passion, innovation and character where students and staff benefit from excellent facilities on site. We are looking to recruit colleagues to share our commitment and determination to providing a learning environment that enables all young people to thrive. We have all-encompassing professional development with a structured path to enable career progression. This includes secondments at other schools in the East Midlands and formal leadership training and coaching. We believe in our staff and want them to be the best they can be
Arranging a visit to The Elizabethan Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Learning Support Assistants (L2)
Oakwood High School
Moorgate Road, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 2UH
Common Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG20 8QF
Personal Assistant to the Principal
Parkwood E-ACT Academy
Longley Avenue West, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S5 8UL
Newfield Secondary School
Lees Hall Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S8 9JP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Nottinghamshire and Nottingham