For a maternity cover starting in January 2024, we are looking for:
• a positive teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and is committed to excellence and high student achievement
• a teacher who is able to teach across the whole age and ability range.
• a teacher with a passion for working with young people and a perseverance to make a difference to them and their future
• a teacher with a focus on their own professional development and a drive to work with us to become the best teacher they can be
• Applications from ECTs, who would benefit from our highly-praised professional studies and support programme and experienced teachers are welcomed.
Join Hazelwick – a popular, highly-successful and happy community where our students enjoy learning and teachers enjoy teaching
Our shared vision is “for each and every student to achieve their maximum potential.”
Salary: £29,344 – £44,919 per annum
MPR/UPR including Fringe Area Allowance
Hazelwick is a high achieving and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed secondary school with 1500 students in Years 7 – 11 and 383 students in the 6th form.
As one of the highest performing schools in West Sussex, with a Progress 8 score of +0.52 (2022), we have an unwavering focus on enabling our students to achieve their maximum potential.
Hazelwick is an excellent school. According to our recent superb Ofsted report (2022), Hazelwick is a school;
• which is very successful, welcoming and ambitious
• which is kind and caring, with remarkably strong relationships between staff and pupils
• where you can see and feel the shared values of respect and responsibility in and out of lessons
• where there is a remarkable sense of community
• where expectations are set very high
• where pupils from diverse backgrounds work extremely well together to achieve very high standards
• with confident learners who focus especially hard in lessons and use lesson time extremely well
• where pupils’ behaviour is excellent
• which is a safe and inspiring place to learn
• where the school motto ‘effort achieves’ pervades all aspects of school life
• where staff at all levels speak very highly of the support and professional development they receive
• where staff ‘love working’
History at Hazelwick is:
• taught by a team of highly skilled, supportive and dedicated staff
• a very popular KS4 and KS5 option with 4 A Level classes and 7 GCSE groups in Year 11
• a supportive and collaborative staff team
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.