Temporary Teacher of English and Media Studies
As a Teacher of English and Media Studies you will be required to meet the general requirements of this post, as specified in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document. In addition, you will be required to fulfil any reasonable expectations from the Headteacher.
The post will require you to work in partnership with the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team, governors and staff to ensure the continuous improvement of the School.
Essential educational requirements
Degree or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
• Evidence of continuing professional development and a willingness to undertake further development as appropriate
• Evidence of/potential to become an excellent classroom practitioner, capable of inspiring students and forming good relationships with colleagues
• Ability to inspire and motivate students
• Able to analyse data with a view to developing strategies to improve performance
• Ability to monitor and evaluate impact of interventions and strategies
• Detailed knowledge of current developments in subject area
• Knowledge of innovating teaching and learning strategies
• Successful experience or the ability to teach English at GCSE
• Highly competent in ICT and the use of computers
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent behaviour management skills
• Commitment to the safeguarding of young people
• A willingness to be fully involved in the wider life of Royds Hall a SHARE MAT Academy, including extra-curricular activities.
About Royds Hall Community School
- Luck Lane, Huddersfield, HD3 4HA
- All Through