Temporary Teacher of Performing Arts and Dance
Newton Abbot College, Newton Abbot, Devon
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
At Newton Abbot College Performing Arts and Dance is delivered to all students in KS3 and the GCSE and Level 3 BTEC cover all three specialisms – Acting, Dance and Vocal. The subject has a strong uptake at both GCSE and post 16. The subject is part of the Music and Performing Arts department which is a very busy and exciting part of the College. Students have great success across the subjects in and outside of lessons with many opting for the subjects at degree level. There is a very large extra-curricular programme with performances happening every month of the academic calendar.
We are seeking a highly committed individual with drive, passion, enthusiasm and ambition to join us. Your challenge will be to teach outstanding and interactive lessons, leading to high levels of student progress.
- an inspirational, dedicated and forward-thinking classroom practitioner
- able to deliver excellent lessons in Performing Arts and Dance up to and including Level 3 BTEC/post 16
- committed to raising standards
- creative, enthusiastic and committed to active learning?
- demonstrate excellent planning, communication and organisational skills
- be able to enthuse and motivate all students
- have incredibly high expectations
- be an excellent team player
- believe that all students are capable of success.
If you think you can make a difference to our students and relish the idea of joining our successful, supportive and highly motivated team in the delivery of outstanding education, then we want to hear from you!
This post is offered on a temporary fixed term basis to cover a period of maternity leave. It is expected that this arrangement will be in place until March 2021.
We, at Newton Abbot College (“Good” OFSTED May 2019) have exceptional expectations of our students and staff and we welcome applicants who share our commitment to place student learning at the centre of everything we do. Our induction programme is excellent and all staff are involved in an innovative CPD programme.
Sounds exciting? Then get in touch.
- Job Description - Teacher (Generic).pdf  0.39 MB
- Person Specification - Classroom Teacher 05.18.pdf  0.37 MB
- Departmental Information.pdf  0.11 MB
|School size||1129 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Newton Abbot College website (opens in a new window)|
Old Exeter Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 2NF