Note: Applicants will be considered as applications are received. Should a suitable candidate be identified, we may close the vacancy early.
Brunel Academies Trust are a proud, growing educational community with a vision to be an exceptional creative education family opening doors, opening minds and changing lives. We strive to significantly improve the life chances and outcomes for our children and young people (CYP) whether they are within our SEND provisions or mainstream schools.
As a growing Multi Academy Trust, now is a fantastic time to join our community of school support professionals. Churchward is a special Education Provision (EP), rated Good by Ofsted in 2023, for young people aged 11-19 with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) and/or Social Communication Interaction Disorders (SCID).
Churchward is an inclusive and aspirational community where, built on absolute integrity, learning for life is holistic and specifically tailored to the needs of young people with social and communication challenges. Through our personalised approach and high expectations, we strive to ensure all CYP really achieve their potential helping to create positive young people equipped with life and work skills for a sustainable and fulfilled future.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your skills and experience as a Thrive practitioner. As part of the pastoral team and working alongside the PSHCE lead you will enable CYP to make progress with their emotional resilience and social interaction through facilitating an outstanding programme of Thrive lessons and interventions.
The attached job description will detail your role in full. But at a glance, some of the key fields you will be responsible for include:
· To plan, deliver and assess Thrive based lessons to CYP across the EP
· To support the Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) of CYP through the delivery of intervention sessions with individuals and small groups
· Lead and support other employees in the profiling of all CYP across the EP throughout the year
· Support teachers and other support staff understand and implement the Thrive class action plans
· To facilitate parental engagement in understanding and meeting their child’s SEMH needs through the development of Thrive action plans to be implemented outside of EP
· To work alongside all employees within the EP to promote and share good practice
· To attend a range of meetings and input into reports as required
· Provide progress and assessment data as required
Our person specification attached will contain the full areas of skills and experience, but it is really important to us that you feel comfortable and confident in your role, so although you may not have everything desirable, there are some essential features our appointee will need to have and these include:
· Level 2 Literacy/Numeracy (or NVQ equivalent)
· Have appropriate experience as a Thrive practitioner (or similar programmes) delivering to CYP
· Have experience of supporting CYP with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and have an understanding of Autism and associated barriers to learning
Brunel Academies Trust is a rapidly developing Multi Academy Trust. We value our colleagues and the effort they put into our children and young people day in and out. Whether through continuous professional development (CPD) to feed your ambitions, personal and impartial support through challenging days. These exciting and easy to use discounts to enjoy with friends and family, we have a package of excellent benefits which are available to all employees including:
· Support on continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities
· Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers from cinema tickets, food shopping and holidays
· Discounts with Swindon Designer Outlet Village
· Carefirst – impartial counselling service in person, by video call or phone as well as a citizen’s advice function for advice and support on personal or professional queries
· Excellent pension scheme
· Free on-site parking
· Annual pay progression opportunities
· Continuous Service Date (CSD) honoured
Most importantly, we can promise that you will achieve a high level of job satisfaction through the professional family community our colleagues represent; and the positive impact your role will have on supporting and developing our children and young people’s futures. Your role matters.
Potential talent for this exciting opportunity are warmly invited and encouraged to visit our setting to explore how unique and inspirational our children and team really are. In addition to exploring our EP’s journey to success via our website, please contact the office to arrange a visit to tour the site or/and have an informal conversation with the Headteacher.
Brunel Academies Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and medical clearance.
Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, Brunel Academies Trust welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, pronouns preference, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy, paternity or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
This job post has expired.