Biology, Chemistry, ICT, Mathematics, Physics, Science
£18,169 a year = full time, contract, Apprenticeship
Salaried Trainee Maths, Science and IT Teachers
Teaching Apprenticeship Programme Telford £18,169 a year - Full-time, Contract, Apprenticeship Expressions of interest and CV to be e-mailed to Daniel Hyams - Daniel.Hyams@teachingapprenticeships.com
If you’re a graduate of mathematics, science or IT and looking for a teacher training programme that enables you to earn a salary in addition to experiencing life inside the classroom, then these roles as a Maths, Science or IT Trainee Teachers based in Telford could be ideal for you!
We are working in collaboration with the Teaching Apprenticeship Programme in delivering an exceptional ITT training programme and salaried route to QTS. We are offering these roles for an Autumn 2021 start.
Our school has seen significant investment in the Science Mathematics and IT departments, with experienced subject leaders brought into the school in the last 2 years.
Situated in Telford, within a short distance from the picturesque River Severn and Ironbridge Gorge, the school is easily accessible by road and has good public transport links. The experienced senior leadership team have restructured key areas and have recently appointed strong senior leaders in key subject areas.
As a Trainee Teacher, you can expect to gain experience across year groups and key stages throughout your twelve-month programme. Additionally, you will have access to excellent resources throughout your year as an apprentice.
The successful Trainee Teacher will be someone who can meet the below requirements:
This is an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Teacher looking to begin or further their career in a well-run, thriving and successful school community. Applications are encouraged from experienced Teaching Assistants or Tutors who are looking to secure their QTS, or also from newly graduated individuals looking to kick start their career.
- Completed a Bachelor of Honours in a maths, science or IT field (2.1 or above preferred)
- Right-to-work full-time in the UK; you must have been based within the UK/EU for the three years prior to application
- Excellent subject knowledge
- GCSE’s C or above in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Seeking responsibility and further experience within the classroom; you will be teaching from term one
- The ability to support, challenge and inspire students – encouraging them to be their best
- A strong classroom presence to achieve high levels of student engagement
What we can offer you:
- Maths, Science and IT Trainee Teacher role
- Salary – minimum of £18,169
- A wonderfully diverse learning community to learn and train to teach in
- An exceptional teacher training programme over 12 months (QTS qualification)
- Fee-free alternative to University-based routes
- A faculty consisting of specialist teachers and classroom support staff
- Comprehensive CPD programmes and continuous support from a Personal Tutor and Teaching Mentor
Expressions of interest in the first instance to be e-mailed along with your CV to:
· Daniel Hyams Daniel.Hyams@teachingapprenticeships.com
Please ensure you reference ‘Teaching Apprenticeship Haberdashers’ Abraham Darby’
Further details about our school can be found by visiting our website at www.haberdashersabrahamdarby.co.uk
For an informal discussion or if you wish to arrange to have a look around please email the Careers Adviser/Apprenticeships Co-ordinator, Mrs Bridget Hodson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for the job
Expressions of interest in the first instance to be emailed, along with your CV, to Daniel Hyams - email@example.com
Academy, ages 11 to 18
1059 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Haberdashers' Abraham Darby
Haberdashers’ Abraham Darby is a vibrant, 11-18 mixed school which opened as a new Academy in September 2008 as part of the Haberdashers’ Adams’ Federation Trust; a thriving partnership with Haberdashers’ Adams school in Newport. A focus on traditional values and high expectations is resulting in rapidly rising standards and popularity as a school of first choice. We are located within a short distance from the picturesque River Severn and Ironbridge Gorge. We moved into our new state of the art building in July 2012 and both pupils and staff are benefitting from a 21st century ICT rich learning environment and a superb leisure complex.
Arranging a visit to Haberdashers' Abraham Darby
If you would like to arrange a school visit please contact Mrs Bridget Hodson (Careers Adviser/Apprenticeships Co-ordinator) at the school on 01952 386054 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org