Trainee Teacher - Chemistry
27 days remaining to apply
17 April 2023 at 11:59pm
15 March 2023
- View all Chemistryjobs
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- Bursary Options Available
Trainee Teacher - Chemistry job summary
Are you considering a career as a Chemistry Teacher?
Would you like to train on the job and receive a tax-free bursary during your training year?
- Don’t miss the opportunity to complete your PGCE at the top school for progress at GCSE in in Swindon
- Close to the beautiful Cotswolds and within commuting distance of Bristol, Bath, Oxford and Gloucester
This training post attracts a bursary of £27,000. You can also apply for a maintenance loan to help with living costs.
Swindon Academy is part of United Learning - the biggest Multi-Academy Trust in the UK. United Teaching is our Initial Teacher Training scheme. We can offer you more than any single school. Training while you teach, you will learn from the best and share our expertise nationwide. With support from mentors and tutors across the Group, it all adds up to the best start for our children, and your career. Because here, teacher training is a path to senior leadership roles across the country.
United Teaching National SCITT is a bespoke teacher training course, run in partnership with a top university, who award the Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). The course starts with a two-week ‘summer school’ in August. You will spend your academic year at Swindon Academy with additional training one afternoon each week at the lead school. You will complete a second placement at the partner Cluster School and attend up to three ‘conferences’. Assessment will continue throughout the course, based on your classroom experience and achievement measured against Teaching Standards, while your academic study will comprise of two academic assignments.
We are looking for candidates who:
- are passionate about their subject
- have been awarded or are on track to achieve a 2:1 Degree. (Negotiable in exceptional cases)
- have experience working with children (not essential)
- are committed to working as part of a team
- are highly organised
- have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- a happy place to work
- the opportunity to work in the best school in Swindon for the progress students make over their time with us. Progress 8 score 0.69 and for pupil premium students 0.57
- the opportunity to work within a supportive, friendly, and well-run school, where a supportive ‘hands on’ leadership team is completely determined to create an environment in which teachers can get on with their core role: delivering excellent lessons.
- the opportunity to work alongside a strong team of hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff and with enthusiastic, friendly, and well-behaved students who deserve the very best teachers
- a rigorous whole-school ‘warm-strict’ behaviour system resulting in disruption-free learning
- a fully resourced curriculum with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- an excellent CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a teacher
- a coaching culture, where teachers develop as reflective practitioners, utilising shared best practice and evidence-based teaching and learning initiatives
- a commitment to work life balance for all staff
- a unique and inspirational environment to work in
- a dedicated team of non-teaching pastoral and SEN staff who work with SLT and teachers to support pupils
- a varied extra-curricular programme which helps our students grow and develop into rounded individuals.
This in an outstanding opportunity to complete your training at Swindon Academy, a very good all-through (3-18) school at the heart of the local community. The school has gone from strength to strength, where the quality of education within the classroom and beyond makes this the school of choice for local families. In a friendly and welcoming school with supportive colleagues, you'll be able to make a real impact on our academy, and on the lives of our children.
If you are looking for the next step in your career, and would like to find out more, please email email@example.com (Interim Principal) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Cluster HR Officer). We will arrange an informal phone call to talk about the role or a visit.
Applying for the job
Using the application form
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.View advert on school website (opens in new tab)
About Swindon Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1930 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Swindon Academy website (opens in new tab)
All Through Academy
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Swindon and Wiltshire and Swindon