Trainee Teacher - Science
This job expired on 1 May 2023 – see similar jobs
1 May 2023 at 11:59pm
23 March 2023
- View all Sciencejobs
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- Bursary Options Available
Trainee Teacher - Science job summary
Are you considering a career as a Science Teacher?
Would you like train on the job at Nova Hreod Academy and receive a tax-free bursary during your training year?
- Don’t miss the opportunity to complete your PGCE at the top school for progress at GCSE in in Swindon
- Close to the beautiful Cotswolds and within commuting distance of Bristol, Bath, Oxford and Gloucester
- Trainees who specialise in Chemistry or Physics are eligible for a bursary of £27,000
- Trainees who specialise in Biology are eligible for a bursary of £20,000
You can also apply for a maintenance loan to help with living costs. To check eligibility criteria, please visit the Get Into Teaching website.
Nova Hreod Academy is part of United Learning - the biggest Multi-Academy Trust in the UK. United Teaching is our Initial Teacher Training scheme. We can offer you more than any single school. Training while you teach, you will learn from the best and share our expertise nationwide. With support from mentors and tutors across the Group, it all adds up to the best start for our children, and your career. Because here, teacher training is a path to senior leadership roles across the country.
United Teaching National SCITT is a bespoke teacher training course, run in partnership with a top university, who award the Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). The course starts with a two-week ‘summer school’ in August. You will spend your academic year at Swindon Academy or Nova Hreod with additional training one afternoon each week at the lead school. You will complete a second placement at the partner Cluster School and attend up to three ‘conferences’. Assessment will continue throughout the course, based on your classroom experience and achievement measured against Teaching Standards, while your academic study will comprise of two academic assignments.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are passionate about their subject
- Have been awarded or are on track to achieve a 2:1 Degree. (Negotiable in exceptional cases)
- Have experience working with children (not essential)
- Are committed to working as part of a team
- Are highly organised
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Please note that if you have qualifications from outside the UK, you’ll need to show that they’re the same standard as UK GCSEs and a UK bachelor’s degree. You can get a statement of comparability from UK ENIC to show the standard of your qualifications.
- Unique and inspirational environments to work in
- School buildings that are only 15 years old with beautiful school grounds
- Professional and collaborative schools with a commitment to continued professional development
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved children with a love of learning
- The opportunity to join a strong staff team, where our values are integral to all we do
- A happy place to work!
This in an outstanding opportunity to complete your training at a successful, and rapidly improving academy. We are driven by a forward-thinking philosophy and a vibrant, positive culture. In a friendly and welcoming school with supportive colleagues, you'll be able to make a real impact on our academy, and on the lives of our children.
Why choose us
We can offer you a school where we are proud to teach a knowledge-rich curriculum and you will receive excellent CPD to develop your subject pedagogy and classroom management. You will have access to collaboratively planned schemes of work and lesson resources. We guarantee disruption free learning in EVERY lesson. We have a highly supportive and hands-on SLT who take responsibility for creating a calm and respectful ethos.
We have a dedicated team of non-teaching pastoral and SEN staff work with SLT and teachers to support pupils and this enables us to have a 98% record of homework completion with centralised detentions for non-completion. We also have an amazing varied extra-curricular programme which helps our students grow and develop into rounded individuals.
About Nova Hreod Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 898 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Nova Hreod Academy website (opens in new tab)
Similar jobs nearby
Wood Green School
Woodstock Road, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 1DX
Science Teacher (with the possibility of Head of Year role)
John Mason School
Wootton Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1JB
Abbey Park School
The Learning Campus, Swindon, SN25 2ND
Faringdon Community College
Fernham Road, Faringdon, Oxfordshire, SN7 7LB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Swindon and Wiltshire and Swindon