Trust IT Technician - St Paul's School
This job expired on 16 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
16 February 2023 at 9am
14 September 2022
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £24,054-£26,845 per annum (Pay award pending)
£2,500 recruitment allowance
Trust IT Technician - St Paul's School job summary
Trust IT Technician - St Paul's School
Salary £24,054-£26,845 Plus a £2,500 recruitment allowance
This is a full time position working 37 hours per week
Candidates will be invited to interview as applications are received
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the Trust IT Manager to meet the academic, pastoral and other needs of students by improving the quality of teaching and learning, thereby helping all students to achieve their full potential by ensuring the availability of fully operational curriculum and administrative IT networks throughout the school & external customers.
- Install, maintain and upgrade software to enable all students and staff to make full use of all available IT equipment and systems.
- To advise staff in the use of software to enable them to improve the quality of teaching and learning for students.
- To assist staff and students to resolve problems with the use of hardware and software, to ensure that students can maximise the use of available IT equipment and systems thereby maximising their understanding of the range of learning opportunities and the quality of work.
- To carry out repairs to hardware not covered by ‘warranties’ and within own ability, to arrange other maintenance, to ensure maximum availability and cost-effectiveness of all IT equipment in the school.
- To ensure the efficient management of IT security/backup systems throughout the school, by following agreed procedures to comply with Data Protection regulations and minimise potential data loss.
- Ensure software is correctly licensed to ensure that the school complies with legislative and other requirements.
- To control stock and order IT equipment, getting approval for purchases where necessary, to ensure value for money and minimum disruption to usage of IT equipment by students and staff.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:(a) The postholder may be required to attend, from time to time, training courses, conferences, seminars or other meetings as required by his/her own training needs and the needs of the school.(b) This post is subject to a check being carried out at an Enhanced level by the Criminal Records Bureau regarding any previous criminal record. This job description sets out the duties and responsibilities of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post
To apply for this post please complete the application form on the Trust Vacancies pagewww.aquinas-cmat.org/vacancies by the closing date. Interview date to be confirmed.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Paul's Catholic School, a Voluntary Academy
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1143 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
St Paul’s Catholic School. You will find us to be a warm inclusive community where we are inspired and motivated by the words of the prophet Micah and the words of our school prayer; “Act justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with your God.”
We are one of 22 schools who all belong to the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust. We are bound together by the Trust mission to “prepare all our young people for a wholesome, fulfilling and active life in the future making a valuable contribution to society.” We are committed to the education of the whole person and look to foster each student’s gifts and talents whatever they may be.
Similar jobs nearby
Farnborough Spencer Academy
Farnborough Road, Nottingham, NG11 8JW
Attendance and Welfare Officer
Ashlawn Road, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5ET
English Martyrs' Catholic School, A Voluntary Academy
Anstey Lane, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE4 0FJ
Rugby Free Secondary School
Anderson Avenue, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leicester and Leicestershire and Rutland