Trust Wide Lead - English
Bluecoat Aspley Academy, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
|Subjects||English Language, English Literature|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£60,895 to £67,182|
|Leadership level||Senior Leader|
This post is key to driving up quality as we strive to grow and improve. In the course of the next few months we anticipate that the Trust will grow by almost half. This vacancy has been created to support with this existing growth and to facilitate the raising of standards in this critical core subject area. The post is to oversee standards and expectations in up to four academies across the Trust.
The Trust Wide Lead will be responsible for the strategic development of all aspects of English learning and attainment in the schools for which the post holder has responsibility. The Trust Wide Lead will work closely with our current excellent leaders of English at each site to coach, develop and support them in creating an outstanding English reputation for Archway Learning Trust.
The Trust Wide Lead will be expected to promote high quality in all aspects of their work and that of the team by maintaining high standards of achievement and ensuring that all students fulfil their potential through effective teaching and learning, and high expectations.
There is currently a network of around fifty English teachers across the Trust. This will soon increase to almost 100. The Trust Wide Lead will be responsible for organising the content and delivery of joint professional development once every half term for the network of teachers.
As an employer we are committed to developing the professional lives of our greatest asset and so this is an excellent place to work for those looking to develop their career in a thriving environment in a growing multi academy Trust that spans the primary and secondary phases.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and degree;
• Qualified Teacher Status.
• Good honours degree (2:1 or better);
• Completion of middle/ senior leader CPD.
Essential skills and experience
• Relevant teaching experience or teaching practice
• Experience of working with students of a wide range of abilities and needs, including EAL
• Experience of leading a staff team and whole school projects
• Currently working in UK Secondary school
• Relevant ‘life experience’ e.g. time working in business or industry
• Experience of working within a Multi Academy Trust and/or an all-through school (4 -19)
• Experience of working with/ leading teachers from other schools
• Ability to use innovative active teaching methods
• Ability to use ICT as a learning/admin tool
• An ability to work in collaborative partnership with the full range of people associated with the Trust - staff, parents, governors, community, business, Diocese and LA
In return we can offer:
• Employee benefits and well-being scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
• Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||1511 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Bluecoat Aspley Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Aspley Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 5GY