Vice Principal / Deputy Headteacher
Oakway Academy, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£50,026 to £57,986|
Due to the recent promotion of its existing Vice Principal to the position of Principal, Hatton Academies Trust (HAT) is looking to appoint to the position of Vice Principal for April 2020. This is an opportunity for an applicant to demonstrate their integrity, resilience and inspiration and support the newly appointed Principal to build on the firm foundations and rapid improvements that have already been secured.
Oakway Academy currently educates nearly 600 students across 22 classes who range from 4 to 11 years of age. The academy is popular and its number on roll is rising. Oakway serves an area of high economic disadvantage and now achieves well against the odds. In 2019, all of its Key Stage 2 progress measures were above or in line with those achieved nationally.
Oakway was recently inspected by Ofsted in April 2019. The overall judgement was that the academy requires improvement but the elements of Leadership and Management, Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare and Early Years were all judged to be good. This demonstrates the rapid progress made at the academy over the past three years.
In joining a dedicated and knowledgeable staff at the academy, the successful applicant will collaborate closely with the Principal, Senior Leadership Team, and teaching staff to build on a culture of educational improvement that has been established and one that promotes excellence, equality and high expectations of all. You will be a strategic thinker with the creativity and resilience to drive through change and achieve future improvements that will secure excellence and transform life chances.
Hatton Academies Trust is a local trust of three primary academies, one secondary academy and a small central team. It was established in 2013 and serves the community of Wellingborough and the surrounding villages. We are responsible for the education of almost 2500 students. Wellingborough is a rapidly growing town with excellent road, rail and bus networks.
Applicants are invited to visit Oakway Academy for a tour of the school and to discuss the role with Claire Byron (newly appointed Principal). To book a tour or request a telephone conversation with Claire, please contact Elaine Snell, Personnel Manager, on email@example.com or call on 01933 221417
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications: 9.00am Monday 2nd March 2020
Interviews to be held on: Tuesday 10th March 2020
Hatton Academies Trust are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from appropriately qualified persons regardless of gender, race, religion, disability or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced Disclosure Bureau Service check and any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references
Essential educational requirements
Good Honours Degree
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Recent Successful Senior Leadership experience
• Previous experience of being part of a leadership team that has secured Good or better in at least the leadership element of an OFSTED inspection in the last three years
• Teaching experience at Key Stage 1 or 2
• Evidence of successful teaching which has led to a demonstrable impact on student achievement
• Experience of a range of strategies, approaches and resources for developing behaviour for learning
• Previous leadership experience of safeguarding
• Previous pastoral leadership experience
• Experience of delivering high quality CPD to other colleagues
• Excellent professional development and guidance with potential for planned future career progression across all of our primary academies (eg an induction programme & mentor for all new staff, additional support for NQTs, NPQML and NPQSL)
• A team of dedicated support staff to enhance Teaching and Learning and undertake tasks which do not require the professional skills & expertise of a teacher
• Excellent employee benefits and well-being initiatives (eg “Big Brand” discounts, discounted gym membership, priority school admission criteria for Trust employees’ children into our outstanding secondary school)*
• A clear leadership vision, built on trust, that empowers all members of the team to develop and progress.
|School size||588 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Oakway Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Off Oakway, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 4SD