- L13 – 17
Vice Principal job summary
Drapers' Brookside Infant and Junior School - Vice Principal
Salary range: L13 – 17,
Post start date: September 2022
• Drapers’ Brookside Infant School – Group 2,240 children on roll
• Drapers’ Brookside Junior School – Group 2,240 children on roll
Drapers’ Brookside Infant and Junior Schools are oversubscribed schools who are at the heart of the local community we serve. We are seeking to appoint a positive, motivated and creative leader to join us from September 2022. The role is to work in close partnership with the Executive Principal to drive the strategic vision of our two schools, inspire children, parents, staff and the wider community and become a pivotal part of our strong team.
Founded in 2014, Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust aims to deliver to local families an excellent education and create new opportunities for our pupils. We are a small family of five schools supported by proactive Sponsors and an effective central team.
Successful applicants will be experienced leaders who can demonstrate sustained, quantifiable impact and a proven track record of raising achievement. Above all, we are seeking someone who is proactive, can contribute fresh ideas, is collaborative, confident, and who tackles challenges effectively.
As part of the team at Drapers’ Brookside Infant and Junior Schools you can expect a supportive culture and a strong commitment to continuous professional development.
We are proud of our schools; we have confidence and trust in our staff, and encourage a close, collaborative relationship with our MAT and wider school community.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a hardworking and dedicated leader that has high expectations and a desire to drive forward improvements at all levels;
• Will work closely in partnership with the Executive Principal to provide clear strategic direction, embed best practice and research to strengthen pedagogy and drive improvement;
• Demonstrates and models a clear understanding of what constitutes effective teaching and learning, and has the ability to lead staff by example;
• Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of the curriculum;
• Demonstrates excellent management, interpersonal and organisational skills;
• Supports teams in working together to raise levels of achievement and attainment for all children;
• Inspires and motivates staff, parents, carers and children;
• Shows commitment to equality of opportunity for all learners, ensuring that every child has the opportunity to access an education that supports them to make the best possible progress;
• Has emotional intelligence and a sense of humour, even when under pressure
Candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the school. To book a visit, please contact Jill Cook, Office Manager) – firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01708 371331 ext 6125601.
Find out more about the Drapers’ Multi Academy Trust https://www.drapers-schools.com/41/why-work-for-drapers-multi-academy-trust
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About the schools
Closing date for applications: 12 p.m. Monday 16th May 2022
Candidates notified by: Thursday 19th May
Interview dates: Monday 23rd May
If you would like to apply for this post please complete your online application via JobsGoPublic.
You will need to include a supporting statement as part of the online application
Your supporting statement should be approximately two sides of A4
If you have any questions please contact Jill Cook (Office Manager) by email email@example.com or telephone 01708 371331 ext 6125601.
References may be contacted as part of the initial shortlisting process.
Applicants are requested to read the information carefully, especially the job description and person specification. Please ensure your application satisfies the criteria in the person specification and you display evidence of this in your formal letter of application.
You must complete the reference section with TWO referees.
Please note that:
The first referee should normally be your present or most recent Headteacher or equivalent person.
If you are not currently working with children, please provide a referee from your most recent employment involving children.
Referees will be asked about disciplinary offences relating to children, which may include any in which the penalty is “time expired” and whether you have been the subject of any child protection concerns, and if so, the outcome of any enquiry or disciplinary procedure. References will not be accepted from relatives or from people writing solely in the capacity of friends.
For further information please visit our website www.drapersbrookside.com
Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references.
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 7
- School size
- 212 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 7
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 11
- School size
- 237 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 11