Vice Principal - Pastoral
Oxford Spires Academy, Oxford
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 15 to Lead Practitioners range 22, £57,986 to £68,851|
Core Purpose • To provide strategic leadership of student support, guidance and pastoral care, to promote the highest standards of support for all of our students and their families in Oxford Spires Academy.
• To ensure that we have an exceptional climate for learning within the Academy which is both supportive and reflective of our core values and school ethos.
• To ensure that we establish consistently high standards and expectations in regard to behaviour, uniform, attendance and learning for all of our students within the Academy.
• To deputise for the Academy Principal when required.
Strategic Duties • To work with the leadership within the school to review, develop and implement the strategic direction of the academy to secure continuous improvement and excellence
• To provide the strategic leadership for all pastoral systems and structures in the Academy
• To provide strategic direction to student development establishing the highest standards of behaviour, uniform and attendance
• To ensure that the climate for learning within the Academy is supportive and reflective of our values and ethos
• To work closely with the DSL and Safeguarding team to ensure that Safeguarding is robust, effective and that we have a strong culture of safeguarding within the pastoral team
• To set the ‘climate’ for teaching and learning within the Academy through developing the ethos, and through the communication of our values, standards and expectations to all stakeholders
• To coordinate the production, use and evaluation of support and guidance packages available for all students during lessons and tutorial sessions
• To implement a quality assurance framework and self-evaluation system that involves all stakeholders and leads to the synthesis of strategic priorities in relation to student support, guidance and development
• To implement and embed structures and systems which underpin and promote effective tutoring and pastoral care at every level
• To structure and enable a wide contribution to the Academy Improvement Plan on the issues of support, guidance and inclusion.
Main Duties • To lead all aspects in relation to our Academy House structure, student support and pastoral care
• To work collaboratively with our DSL and our safeguarding Team to ensure that we have a strong culture of safeguarding within school and is supported through all aspects of the pastoral structure
• To monitor, develop and line manage the Academy pastoral structure and have an over view of students’ behaviour, conduct, rewards, sanctions to ensure that the highest standards are maintained at all times
• To work with ELT Lead to report accurate information in regard to student attendance, behaviour and rewards to stakeholders.
• To develop and support effective collaboration between the House and Achievement teams to ensure that all students in the academy receive the very best support and guidance
• To communicate Academy values and ethos clearly to all stakeholders, students, staff, parents and the community and ensure all are clear of our expectations of them
• To develop our academy ethos and values through assemblies, lessons, extra-curricular activities
• To ensure that our ethos and values permeate through all areas across the academy
• To lead and co-ordinate aspects of inclusion, external partnership work and alternative provision to ensure the best outcomes for all learners
• To ensure that resources are managed and allocated effectively to maximise impact at all levels.
Specific Duties • Work closely with our Achievement VP to track student progress, monitor patterns and take appropriate action to combat underachievement and low aspiration
• To ensure students have a smooth transition between key stages. To develop and support strong partnerships and networking across phase and during transition to ensure effective transition of students into and across the academy
• To support and oversee our admissions processes including MTAs and attendance at IYFAP
• To support on aspects within the schools Census
• Oversee social, cultural, and recreational activities of various student groups
• Promote student participation in social, moral, spiritual, cultural, and recreational activities
• Support and coordinate the preparation and publishing of the Academy calendar
• To lead and support in aspects of staff development and training across the academic year
• To lead in Staff Performance Management and appraisal. To promote and provide line management to the Pastoral and House Team
• To undertake the duties of the Principal in her absence and to carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by the Governors or Principal.
|School size||1209 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Oxford Spires Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Glanville Road, Oxford, OX4 2AU