Year 6 Teacher (Part-time, Maternity cover)
21 days remaining to apply
30 June 2023 at 11:59pm
23 May 2023
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- United Learning scale
Year 6 Teacher (Part-time, Maternity cover) job summary
We wish to appoint an outstanding practitioner who can offer vision, energy and creativity in the teaching of Year 6. This is a part-time maternity cover position for 12 months, working Thursday and Friday.
At The Victory Primary School, we are passionate about shaping the lives of our children. Teaching and Learning is at the heart of what we do. Every decision is driven by its potential to impact on our children’s learning. Our approach to teaching and learning is informed by robust research, constantly reviewed, and tailored to our unique context.
We have two-year groups from Reception to Year 6 with a pre-school on site. A unique feature of our school is that we also have an Inclusion Centre for children across Portsmouth with communication and interaction needs.
We believe in an enriching curriculum to ensure our children’s understanding. You will be supported by highly experienced colleagues throughout the year. As a school we are positive, we work as a team and have several initiatives to ensure that our staff’s wellbeing is looked after.
What we offer:
- An exceptional salary, above the maintained sector by 5% on average
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion
- Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm-strict’ behaviour system
- Up to 8 INSET days per year, dedicated to personal wellbeing, subject knowledge development and planning/resource development
- An unrivalled professional progression model to enable great teachers to remain in the classroom
- The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox
You will be:
- You will have Qualified Teacher Status. You’re an inspiring practitioner with a proven track record of success within a primary school setting
- You will have good interpersonal skills, sound behaviour management skills and have the highest expectations for what our children can achieve
- Up to date with the latest curriculum developments
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our academy to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Note – We reserve the right to interview and offer to a strong candidate prior to the closing date. It is strongly recommended that candidates submit their application as soon as possible.
Applying for the job
Using the application form
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.View advert on school website (opens in new tab)
About The Victory Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 435 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Victory Primary School website (opens in new tab)
Similar jobs nearby
Corpus Christi Catholic Primary School
Gladys Avenue, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 9AX
Gatcombe Park Primary School
St Barbara Way, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 0UR
Weyford Nursery and Primary Academy
Weyford Nursery and Primary Academy, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 0ET
Year 5 Teacher (12 months Fixed term - Maternity cover)
The Victory Primary School
Allaway Avenue, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 4QP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Portsmouth and Hampshire