Year 7 Intervention teacher
For an Easter 2020 start or sooner, we are seeking an inspirational and highly motivated teacher to join our successful and pioneering KS3 Opening Minds team. This would be a really exciting opportunity for both an NQT or an early career-stage teacher or experienced teacher from a KS2 or a middle/secondary school setting. You will be an effective team member whose input will contribute positively to our recognised, innovative curriculum practice with students in Y7.
To teach and support the development and implementation of our “Opening Minds” Curriculum to class-groups in KS3. To teach students within the “Opening Minds” framework and ensure every child realises their potential. To support catch up groups with literacy and numeracy.
Essential educational requirements
• Good Degree
• Recent experience with either secondary or KS2 primary pupils
• Evidence of involvement in the development of schemes of learning in the curriculum in a primary or secondary school
• High expectations of personal performance and of pupils’ success.
• Be committed to one’s own learning and that of students.
• A belief that schools can make a difference.
• NQT/Qualified Teacher.
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate must be:
- Keen to teach KS3 core and humanities subjects in a model similar to the primary model,
- Excited about teaching and learning,
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Values driven and
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, a personal laptop, free parking, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
About Whitley Academy
When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site they belong to the Whitley Academy community. In our community, we are proud of our school and are committed to supporting all staff and students to be the best they can be.
- Abbey Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD
- Whitley Academy website (opens in a new window)