An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint
an outstanding and inspirational Year Leader to join the established
pastoral team at St Helena School. The position will
suit an experienced teacher & form tutor.
Do you believe that there are no limits to student achievement? If
so, why not consider joining our school and make a real difference to our
This post is 100% FTE.
Some of your key responsibilities
- Be fully qualified to teach through the secondary range for Key
Stages 3 & 4
raise the standards of student attainment and achievement within the year group
establishing high standards.
monitor and be accountable for the outcomes of each student’s learning within
the year group.
lead and manage a team of tutors and be responsible for organising and monitoring
the work of the tutor team.
liaise with the Attendance Officer to monitor the attendance and punctuality of
students in the year group.
- Experience of IT and a willingness to use it to plan and teach
lessons and to communicate across our community.
are looking for you if you have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- An ability to teach lessons that challenge all students
- A passion for teaching and making a real difference to young
- A commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline
and Person Specification).
If you are a dynamic teacher with experience or an early
career teacher who would like to work in a supportive and collaborative
environment and you feel that you have the enthusiasm and commitment required
to join our school, please apply.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena
We can offer you:
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables
you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the
Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
Employee benefits include:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Free membership to Perkbox
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounted gym membership at selected
Please note that an integration
period applies to all new staff joining the Trust, to support introduction into
ST HELENA SCHOOL
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale +
Actual Salary from: £30,000 - £46,525 (M1 –
U3) + £5,354 (TLR 2B)
Start Date: June or September 2024
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Visas cannot be sponsored.