Fossebrook Primary School
1:1 Learning Support Assistant
Grade 5 Pay Point 7-8
27.5 hours per week and 39 weeks per year
Fixed term until 10 July 2024
Working Pattern of 08:45-15:15 Monday - Friday
We are looking to appoint a caring, enthusiastic and highly motivated Learning Support Assistant who will work under the direct supervision of a teacher to provide support for teaching and learning and associated activities in accordance with school policies and procedures.
Why choose us?
We are committed to providing a safe and inspirational environment for children to enjoy learning and enable them to achieve their best, irrespective of ability or circumstances. We encourage them to be curious about the world we live in within a creative and nurturing environment whilst offering real life contexts in which to apply their learning.
It is our mission to provide our pupils with a stimulating and engaging curriculum in a safe and secure environment. We believe that emotional wellbeing is essential in developing positive behaviour and academic success. We value and respect all individuals and our ethos gives our community the confidence to achieve their full potential and to be the best that they can be, and in doing so make a positive contribution to society.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To help prepare, monitor and maintain a safe and secure learning environment in line with the teacher’s lesson plans.
- To work under the direct supervision of a teacher to carry out planned learning activities with small groups or individual pupils, providing feedback on their engagement in activities and their achievement of the desired learning objectives.
- Encouraging a high standard of behaviour, develop relationship with others and recognize and deal with emotions in an appropriate way
- To prepare and utilise ICT resources to support pupils learning.
- To prepare and support the use of learning materials and create visual displays, in accordance with the requirements of the teacher, in order to facilitate a relevant physical learning environment.
We are looking for someone who has:
- NVQ 2 in support Teaching and Learning, or Equivalent OR able to demonstrate the ability to meet the STL Level 2 National Occupational Standards relevant to this post.
- Experience of supporting teaching and learning in a formal setting.
- Knowledge of child protection and health and safety procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
What we offer:
- Flexible working options
- Support for continuous professional development in the role
- Opportunities to visit other organisations for professional learning
- Highly committed and motivated Team
- A role which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Dental support
- Gym discount
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- A established Central Services Team who support schools and wider colleagues
More about Discovery Schools Trust
Discovery Schools Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence are shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Safeguarding Statement: We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
This job post has expired.