2 i/c Teacher of Music
13 days remaining to apply
Start date details
23 June 2023 at 5pm
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Musicjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week, term time only
- MPR to UPR
TLR 2a (Outer London)
What skills and experience we're looking for
Provision of high quality and relevant schemes of work for an agreed Key Stage that
allow outstanding lessons to be delivered in line with the school’s expectations.
- To carry out regular assessment opportunities in line with the departmental assessment policy and to contribute to accurate moderation of assessment.
- To ensure student progress is accurately monitored and reported on for an agreed Key Stage.
- To provide appropriate intervention for individuals and groups of students based on the accurate monitoring of their progress.
- To ensure effective communication with parents, including the reporting process.
- Setting and sharing the aims, objectives and vision of the department to ensure high aspirations and outstanding outcomes for staff & students.
- To improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment across the department and to raise standards of attainment.
- To keep up to date with national developments in your subjects pedagogy and practice
and to promote and implement them appropriately.
- To review exam performance and set targets for departmental development.
- To monitor, evaluate and act on feedback within the department in line with the departmental policy.
- Working with the Exams Officer and Exam Boards to oversee all exam entries and
completion of controlled assessment, in line with the schools controlled assessment
- To review the progress of the department annually through a range of departmental review processes.
- Contributing to the School Improvement Plan and Self-Evaluation Form.
- To support the departmental provision of continual professional development for staff. This includes the induction of new staff and ITT.
- To promote teamwork and effective working relationships within the department.
Further skills and experience can be found on the job description.
What the school offers its staff
- You will be joining a highly successful school with a national profile of excellence in teaching and learning, classroom behaviour, teacher training and student outcomes.
- The Music department at The Compton School is staffed with subject specialists, who use a collaboratively planned curriculum to deliver lessons of outstanding quality to our students everyday.
- We will provide you with exceptional training through our induction programme; in particular, the support for our ECTs is outstanding.
- We offer fully funded teaching CPD opportunities, such as the Outstanding Teacher Programme and all the National Professional Qualifications on site.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Compton School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1323 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Compton School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
The Compton school is part of Middlesex Learning Trust, a successful Multi Academy Trust. We are a hugely oversubscribed mixed multi-ethnic school that has had four consecutive outstanding OFSTED reports, the most recent being in January 2018. The Compton has a national profile for excellence in teaching and learning, in leadership, and for student outcomes. It is also a School-Centred Initial Teacher Training Centre and the Headteacher is an experienced National Leader of Education. Students at the Compton make exceptional progress - our results routinely putting the school within the top 5% of schools nationally for progress.
Similar jobs nearby
Harris Academy Peckham
112 Peckham Road, London, SE15 5DZ
The Compton School
Summers Lane, London, N12 0QG
The Charter School North Dulwich
Red Post Hill, London, SE24 9JH
Tithepit Shaw Lane, Warlingham, Surrey, CR6 9YB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London