Head Teacher
8 days remaining to apply
Start date details
9 April 2023 at 11:59pm
16 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- L21 - L27
What skills and experience we're looking for
You will be someone who feels an affinity with our values and our vision seeking a core purpose of delivering for our students and communities. You will have an impressive track record of school improvement with excellent leadership skills and the credibility to motivate and empower others.
You will have a clear vision for school improvement and the ability to challenge robustly and constructively alongside the knowledge to facilitate success for both pupils and staff.
You will ideally have a background in both primary and secondary leadership.
Other skills, knowledge and experience we look for include:
- Degree orequivalent qualification
- National Professional Qualification of Headship(Completed or working toward completion this academic year)
What the school offers its staff
Parkfield School is an all-through (age 4 to 16) co-educational school offering a fresh approach and choice that allows pupils to discover learning, unlock their potential, find their place in their community and play their part in society.
Parkfield School offers a positive, safe learning environment for its community, in which everyone has equal and individual recognition and respect. We celebrate success and are committed to the continuous improvement and fulfilment of potential in every student regardless of their ability.
We encourage increasing independence and self-discipline amongst the students helping them to develop the skills that they need to become lifelong learners. Everyone within the school has an important role to play in sharing responsibility for the development of positive behaviour and attitudes.
We will prepare them for a successful transition into further education, training or employment when they leave school. The school has a PAN of 784.
Further details about the role
Post:Head Teacher, Parkfield School
Location:Parkfield School, Hurn, Christchurch BH23 6DF
Salary Range:Leadership Scale L21 £72,482 – L27 £83,956 per annum, dependent on experience, and qualification
Hours/Contract Type:Full time, permanent
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our rapidly developing Multi Academy Trust for a talented senior leader with vision, drive, energy, compassion and proven leadership skills to join our team.We are particularly keen to hear from experienced senior leaders who are looking for their next challenge and want to stamp their mark in a growing Trust and who have experience of primary and secondary education.
Those we recruit are able to demonstrate that they share our values, are highly motivated to work with colleagues within and beyond their school to continuously develop their skills and pursue professional excellence and are committed to providing the highest standards of teaching for all children.
In addition to the Conditions of Employment for Headteachers laid down in the most recent version of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document, the postholder will:
- Work with Governors (individual and collective), provide strategic leadership and hold overall accountability for direction, standards achieved and quality of education within Academies
- Provide leadership and management which enables the Academies to give every pupil high quality education and which promotes the highest possible standards of achievement and well-being
- Secure the long-term success of the Academy by maximising the skills and resources held across the school and Trust;
- Build system-wide leadership capacity at all levels within the School; through actively developing strategic governance, staffing structures and roles and responsibilities.
- Carry out their professional duties in accordance with and subject to the National Conditions of Employment for Head Teacher and relevant education and employment legislation. They will endeavour at all times to meet the Department for Education's National Standards of Excellence for Head Teacher.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Parkfield School
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 504 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Parkfield School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
A 4-16 Through School
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole