Accelerated Curriculum Teacher
Queen Katharine Academy, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||£24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
Accelerated Curriculum Teacher – Maternity Cover
Academy: Queen Katharine Academy
Type of Contract: Temporary – Maternity Cover
Hours: Two days per week (Thursday and Friday)
Closing date: 31st January 2020
Start date: 20th April 2020
Are you ambitious and driven to succeed?
Are you passionate about Literacy and ESOL Teaching and Learning?
If so, this is the school for you!
Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET) is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
Our moral purpose is defined through our commitment to see every member of the learning community achieve their full potential. As a Trust, however, we recognise the importance and individuality of the local context of each of our schools and encourage diversity of practice whilst retaining a collective sense of unity in our purpose.
Our core values of Trust; Diversity; Excellence and Transformation underpin all aspects of student and staff life in our academies and gives us a platform to offer innovative and efficient business services.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Queen Katharine Academy are looking to appoint an Accelerated Curriculum Teacher to cover a maternity leave. We are looking to appoint a colleague who is passionate about securing rapid and sustained acceleration of language acquisition and literacy for EAL learners and students with low levels of literacy.
Essential educational requirements
Educated to degree level
Essential skills and experience
• Be a passionate and dynamic teacher.
• Be able to model outstanding practice in Literacy / ESOL Teaching and Learning, both within the department and across the wider curriculum.
• Be able to prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities.
• Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed.
• Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people.
• Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
• Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
What we can offer you:
• Excellent working facilities in a modern and inspirational environment.
• Opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals.
• Excellent salary package.
• Outstanding professional development and a high quality induction programme.
• Fantastic training/development/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Fantastic onsite Nursery with competitive prices.
• Enthusiastic and supportive SLT.
• Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
|School size||1144 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Queen Katharine Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Queen Katharine Academy
Mountsteven Avenue, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE4 6HX