- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
37 hours per week
- Contract type
- £17,340 - £18,360 – pro-rata term time only
The post-holder reports to the Office Manager and Headteacher
Main purpose of the post:
To help provide a comprehensive, efficient and effective administrative support service for the school, working alongside the Office Manager in the main school office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To act as a main point of contact for visitors, staff, pupils, parents, carers, outside agencies and other stakeholders. Providing advice, information, and assistance where possible either over email, telephone or face to face. To provide hospitality for visitors as necessary and implement school safeguarding policy.
• To provide administrative, clerical and financial support to the Headteacher, and staff as directed by the Headteacher and/or Office Manager. This will include maintenance of records, written and electronic, origination of letters, photocopying, scanning, emails and phone calls.
• To help to arrange for supply cover in the event of staff absence
• To administer school registration procedures in line with statutory requirements and school policies
• Ordering school lunches and collecting cash/cheque payments for lunches
• To help administer pupil enrolment and leaver procedures, to add to and maintain pupil and staff databases on the school MIS. To maintain lists and registers ensuring records are accurate and up to date. To produce reports, lists, information and data as required.
• To complete statutory census returns along with other weekly and monthly returns such as staff variation sheets and sickness absence and insurance returns
• To assist in the routine administrative arrangements in relation to the recruitment and interviewing of applicants.
• To support the Office Manager in maintaining and monitoring staff information, including absences and staff training
• To help arrange and manage pupil transport requirements and liaising with externa agencies.
• To keep updated, school prospectuses, home/school agreements, school website, displays and other marketing material
• To ensure security procedures are followed when people enter and exit the school in line with safeguarding requirements.
• To keep abreast of modern administrative procedures and IT systems which could improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation. To attend training as necessary.
• To undertake such other duties related to the work of the school appropriate to the post as may be assigned by the Officer Manager/Headteacher.
• To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, safeguarding, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection.
• To maintain complete confidentiality at all times
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.