£20,496 - £21,750 per annum, pro rata
Administration Assistant (Cover & Safeguarding)
Permanent post, to start as soon as possible 7:45am - 12:00pm Monday to Friday term time only, plus a balance of 22.5 hours to attend training days and other events that may take place outside normal working hours.
Please refer to the job description for more information. Grade 7 (Pt 11-14): £20,496 - £21,750 per annum, pro rata
“Pupils are friendly and outgoing. They are curious and have excellent study habits” (Lutterworth College Ofsted, November 2017)
We are seeking to appoint an Administration Assistant (Cover & Safeguarding) who will be required to process staff absence and deploy Cover Staff to ensure all classes across the School are supervised.
We would like from you: To have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. To have GCSE A*-C or equivalent in Maths and English. To have good attention to detail. To be able to deal with information sensitively and confidentially. To be able to work within set deadlines.
We can offer you: A strong commitment to your training and development. Fantastic students who are a pleasure to work with. Excellent facilities & resources.
For further information and details of how to apply please refer to the Recruitment Booklet by visiting the vacancies page of our website www.lutterworthcollege.com and return completed application forms to: Diane Orton E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 28th June Interview Date: To be confirmed
Lutterworth College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of appointment will be conditional upon a variety of pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS disclosure, satisfactory references, evidence of your right to work in the UK and a Health Check
Post Title: Administration Assistant (Cover & Safeguarding)
Purpose of Post: To contribute to student achievement by processing staff absence and deploying the Cover Supervisors/Higher Level Teaching Assistants/Agency and other staff to ensure all classes across the School are allocated with a member of staff. To administer all statutory and regulatory requirements relating to safeguarding including the Single Central Record and DBS checks.
Reporting To: Student Services & Data Manager
Salary / Grade: 7 (Points 11 to 14)
Hours: 830 hours per annum. 21.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday 7.45am-12pm term time only with a balance of 22.5 hours to be worked during holiday and busy periods and for attendance at mandatory training days and other events that take place outside normal working hours.
Main (Core) Duties
· Assigning staff (Cover Supervisors/HLTAs/Agency/Other) to classes in the absence of Teaching staff.
· Ensuring any external cost of cover is maintained within the allocated budget and is best value.
· Line management of a team of Cover Supervisors.
· Tracking hours worked by Cover Supervisors with flexible contracts to provide accurate data.
· Ensuring Cover Supervisors are assigned areas to support when not required for general cover.
· First point of contact for staff absence. Ensuring absences are logged daily on HR and Payroll systems
· Providing Senior Leadership with a daily overview of absence.
· Ensuring staff contract details are accurately entered into SIMS.
· Maintenance of the Single Central Record (SCR), DBS applications and other regulatory requirements.
· Ensuring all relevant safeguarding information relating to staff including the SCR is Ofsted Ready and available for questioning by the relevant Inspectors
· Producing documentation for internal audit by Directors on a termly basis
· Be Safer Recruitment Trained to support the recruitment process in school.
· Maintain SIMS records for new and existing staff
· Maintain records for on-site trusted visitors
· Update and maintain staff training records.
Additional duties to include:
As part of a team of support staff, provide assistance with the invigilation of examinations if required As a member of staff working in an educational setting to have a duty to help keep young people safe and to protect them from sexual, physical and emotional harm and to take reasonable steps to ensure the safety and well-being of students To ensure awareness of and compliance with personal responsibilities and requirements communicated to me in School policies and procedures including Health & Safety As a member of staff in an organisation that works in partnership with other organisations, to contribute to the development and sharing of good practice into partnerships with other schools and relevant bodies. This may include undertaking duties and work in other schools and at other locations May be required to be an appointed person for first aid May be required to accompany and supervise students on educational visits As a member of staff in an educational setting you will have the opportunity to participate in programmes for mentoring students and to participate in extra curricular activities To carry out such other duties which may be required from time to time within the grading of the post To work across Lutterworth College where appropriate – this may mean working in more than one school.
This job post has expired.