- Maternity or parental leave cover (1 Year)
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade 4 (£20,444 to £22,571) pro rata
Administration Officer job summary
Post: Administration Officer
Contract type: 37 Hours, 40
weeks per year
Contract term: 1 year
Salary: Grade 4 (£20,444 to
Pro Rata Salary: £17,933 to
£19,799 (with under 5 years’ service)
Commencement Date: As soon as
We are looking for an enthusiastic Administration Officer
to join our team at Nether Edge Primary School for a maternity cover.Nether
Edge is an Ofsted outstanding primary school based in
thesouth-westof the city.Our children are aged 4-11
Administrators are a key staff within the school. We want to ensure that
we always offer a professional service to staff, families and their children
enabling the school to run effectively and efficiently. We are therefore
looking for someone who can work as part of a busyteam to ensure the
highest delivery of services.
The right candidate should possess:
- a keen eye
capability to maintain effective relationships
- the ability to adapt to changing situations and learn new
- strong principles that are aligned with the school
- be comfortable working using their own initiative
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to
relate positively to children and adults
- the ability to use relevant technology / equipment
- an alignment to a can-do culture
You will join a
small team of 4 consisting of a School Manager, 2 x Administration Officers and
a Receptionist. Working hours will be Monday to Thursday 8am to 4pm and Friday 8am
to 3:30pm. A Tour of the School will be available to successful candidates who
are invited to interview.
We are passionate
about enabling all our students the very best start in life at Nether Edge
Primary School. Great support staff make a difference.
If you are
interested in applying for this role, please submit a Mercia Learning Trust
Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we do NOT accept CV’s or
Council Application Forms
Date: Sunday 9 October 2022
Using the application form
The Application Process
More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
All candidates must complete the following application process.
• All applicants must submit a Trust application form. We do not accept CVs or Council Forms. The application form can be found under ‘Careers’ at www.merciatrust.co.uk
• Email your completed application to email@example.com or post it to:
MLT Recruitment Team
Mercia Learning Trust
79 Glen Road
Sheffield, S7 1RB
After your application has been submitted:
• In all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage.
• All applications that have been submitted via email will receive an email confirming receipt.
• An email and/or letter will be sent to shortlisted candidates with details of the interview process.
• If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
• Take a look at www.merciatrust.co.uk/careers for more on what it’s like working for the trust, what we offer you, and what we’re looking for.
• Should you require any additional information about the role or the school, or would like an informal discussion or out of hours visit, please contact us on 0114 255 0926 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For more information about the application process, please email email@example.com.
• Closing Date Sunday 9 October
• Interviews week commencing 10 October
The small print:
• Mercia Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. If you are shortlisted, your suitability to work with children will be explored, and this will include disclosing convictions. The information you disclose may be discussed with you during the interview.
• The successful candidate will therefore be required to complete a DBS check in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulations.
• We are an Equal Opportunities employer. Our staff are recruited and promoted on the basis of their merits and abilities and no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of racial group, origin or nationality, sex, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, political or religious beliefs or trade union activity. Please indicate whether there are any reasonable adjustments or access requirements you would need to help you to attend an interview. If you wish to discuss your requirements prior to submitting your form, please contact the Human Resources Team on 0114 349 4230. Alternatively, please give details on a separate sheet and return with your application form.
Download an application form - 118 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Nether Edge Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 459 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Thank you for your interest in joining Nether Edge Primary School. This is an excellent opportunity to join a great school and to play a key role in shaping the provision of education for our children.
Nether Edge is a happy, thriving school providing high quality education both in the classroom and throughout a wide range of extra-curricular activities. We are very proud of our children and believe they should perform well academically and also develop as people.
Nether Edge Primary is part of Mercia Learning Trust along with King Ecgbert School, Mercia School, Newfield School, Totley Primary and Woodlands Primary.
Our expectations for every Nether Edge child are high; excellence and enjoyment are at the heart of all we will seek to do. We believe in the potential of every child, providing opportunities and enabling them to thrive in our caring environment.
Our staff team are central to our success. They drive and accelerate the outstanding provision we offer to our community and we want the very best people to join us.
If you feel you have the skills, drive and ambition to help support our aims then please do read on.