15 Hours per week, Monday to Friday - 3.00pm - 6.00pmTerm time only (can be flexible on the number of hours each week)
Start date: 3rdOctober 2022 (or as soon as possible)
We are looking for passionate and creative play assistants to join our school run Wraparound Care Service.
As a member of the wraparound team, you will gain valuable experience assisting the delivering a wide range of engaging and participative childcare activities; working with children from ages 4 - 12.
Our Play Assistants are passionate, enthusiastic and thrive in a highly rewarding role that facilitates children’s development throughout their time in our Breakfast and After School.
This is a demanding but very rewarding role suited to someone with an interest in supporting children and should ideally have some relevant experience of working alongside children.
You should be self-motivated, have good communication skills and be able to engage with children positively.
Your responsibilities include:
- Plan and deliver safe activities with groups of children from all class ranges
- Engage with children encouraging them to participate in activities to promote learning and social development
- Support children on a 1:1 basis who have complex needs (if required)
- Encourage fair and caring behaviour among the children
- Encourage independence and self-esteem
- Ensure safeguarding procedures are adhered to
- Assist with food preparation for serving breakfast and afterschool snacks
- Complete various training courses including Food Hygiene and Child Safeguarding.
You can also download an application pack via the school’s websitewww.thameside.reading.sch.uk(Go to: About us, Come & Work for us!) or email to request an application pack.
Please return applications electronically email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: Sunday 25th September 2022Interview date: To be confirmed
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal opportunity provider. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
You can also download an application pack via the school’s website www.thameside.reading.sch.uk (Go to: About us, Come & Work for us!) or email to request an application pack. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org