After School Club Play Assistant - Thameside Primary School
This job expired on 25 September 2022 – see similar jobs
Job start date
3 October 2022
25 September 2022 at 11:59pm
7 September 2022
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Part timejobs - 15 Hours per week, Monday to Friday - 3.00pm - 6.00pm Term time only (can be flexible on the number of hours each week) Start date: 3rd October 2022 (or as soon as possible)
- £6,474 - £6,530
After School Club Play Assistant - Thameside Primary School job summary
15 Hours per week, Monday to Friday - 3.00pm - 6.00pmTerm time only (can be flexible on the number of hours each week)
Start date: 3rdOctober 2022 (or as soon as possible)
We are looking for passionate and creative play assistants to join our school run Wraparound Care Service.
As a member of the wraparound team, you will gain valuable experience assisting the delivering a wide range of engaging and participative childcare activities; working with children from ages 4 - 12.
Our Play Assistants are passionate, enthusiastic and thrive in a highly rewarding role that facilitates children’s development throughout their time in our Breakfast and After School.
This is a demanding but very rewarding role suited to someone with an interest in supporting children and should ideally have some relevant experience of working alongside children.
You should be self-motivated, have good communication skills and be able to engage with children positively.
Your responsibilities include:
- Plan and deliver safe activities with groups of children from all class ranges
- Engage with children encouraging them to participate in activities to promote learning and social development
- Support children on a 1:1 basis who have complex needs (if required)
- Encourage fair and caring behaviour among the children
- Encourage independence and self-esteem
- Ensure safeguarding procedures are adhered to
- Assist with food preparation for serving breakfast and afterschool snacks
- Complete various training courses including Food Hygiene and Child Safeguarding.
You can also download an application pack via the school’s websitewww.thameside.reading.sch.uk(Go to: About us, Come & Work for us!) or email to request an application pack.
Please return applications electronically firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: Sunday 25th September 2022Interview date: To be confirmed
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal opportunity provider. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Thameside Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 393 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Thameside Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Primary School ,situated in the heart of Caversham, we are an extension of our diverse local community with more than 30 languages spoken here.
We are very proud of our inclusive nature and believe that every child – whatever their ability or background - deserves the best possible start in life.
Similar jobs nearby
Watlington Primary School
Love Lane, Watlington, Oxfordshire, OX49 5RB
Green Park Village Primary Academy
2 Flagstaff Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6AX
Cholsey Primary School
Church Road, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 9PP
Learning Support Assistant - St John's CE Primary School
St John's Church of England Primary School
121-147 Orts Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 3JN
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed