Assistant Associate Principal of Maths
This is an exciting opportunity to appoint an inspirational leader and outstanding teacher to drive forward mathematics across the school.
This post will enable the successful candidate:
• To lead a fully staffed and highly qualified team of maths specialists
• To secure the delivery of mathematics across all Key Stages (3-5), incorporating large and successful cohorts at A Level, including Further Maths
• To play a very important wider leadership role across the school as an integral part of a an extended leadership team
• To access a full and tailored programme of leadership professional development and an opportunity to benefit from enhanced links with the Prince’s Teaching Institute
• To work in a supportive and inclusive school where positive relationships, a strong school ethos and a genuine focus on staff and student wellbeing are at the centre of everything we do
Essential educational requirements
• Incisive knowledge and understanding of strategies to raise attainment and sustain a high quality of education for all students.
• Knowledge and understanding in 21st century learning technologies and communications.
• Able to lead, motivate and coach staff within the context of performance management and professional development.
• Able to manage strategic and operational challenge across the learning community.
• Able to collaborate and work in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement.
• Able to raise aspirations, build teams and secure parental confidence.
• Able to demonstrate, resilience, tenacity and professional integrity.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
QTS and Degree or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
• A track record of successful teaching and learning at middle leadership level
• Experience of leading departmental improvement and evidence of its impact on student outcomes.
• Sound experience across more than one key stage.
• Experience of effective curriculum innovation and the delivery of an effective assessment strategy.
• Successful delivery of quality assurance and implementation of improvement plans.
• Experience of data analysis as a teaching and learning tool.
• Experience of effective change management.
• Committed to developing and promoting the distinctive Christian character of the School and British values.
• Willing to articulate the Christian ethos of the school, to students, staff and parents, and demonstrates the values of friendship, service and respect for others.
About The King's Church of England School
- Regis Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV6 8XG
- LA Maintained School
- The King's Church of England School website (opens in a new window)