Assistant Head of Mathematics
This job expired on 24 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
7 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring, enthusiastic and ambitious Assistant Head of Mathematics to join our forward thinking and supportive Mathematics department from September 2023.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner who has the ability to enthuse our pupils with a passion for the subject. The successful candidate will have a willingness to develop, promote and share innovative schemes of work that encourage mastery in mathematics, numerical reasoning and problem solving.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an outstanding teacher to develop their subject leadership potential.
A willingness to participate in departmental extra-curricular activities is also essential.
What the school offers its staff
The college provides excellent training and development opportunities for teachers.
- Access to internal training development opportunities (we support National Professional Qualifications at all levels, run an Extended Leadership Secondment and can contribute to Masters/PhD courses)
- Access to a wealth of CPD, such as The National College, Optimus and iHasco and a free subscription to TES Magazine online, along with a CPD hour on the timetable
- Access to Professional & Career Coaches/Mentors and self-evaluation tools (such as Swivl)
- An array of staff wellbeing initiatives: Staff extra-curricular activities such as Yoga, Football, Walking club and Baking club, free refreshments, fresh fruit, and food on Parents’ Evenings and Events
- Free on-site parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Microsoft Office for home and loan equipment available (visualizer, graphics tablet, device)
- Staff Membership of our Fitness Suite for £15 per year with exclusive staff only times
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Swanmore College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1306 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Swanmore College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01489 892256
Swanmore College is a popular and successful 11-16 school. Our most recent Ofsted report in February 2018 recognised Swanmore College as a good school. Our three key values are: Innovation, Collaboration and Challenge.
Similar jobs nearby
Longmoor Road, Liphook, Hampshire, GU30 7NY
St Philip Howard Catholic School
Elm Grove South, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, PO22 0EN
Pound Hill, Alresford, Hampshire, SO24 9BS
Teacher of Maths (Maternity Cover)
The Romsey School
Greatbridge Road, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8ZB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Southampton and Hampshire