RESPONSIBLE TO: Head
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head
HOURS WORKED: 37
hours per week, term time plus 5 professional days
Head of Year will play a key role in delivering outstanding pastoral care for
the pupils of Neale-Wade Academy. Pastoral care involves emotional and
academic support for young people whilst supporting the Head of Year dealing
with issues and concerns which occur.
Supporting the monitoring of behaviour trends and
liaising with teaching staff to ensure positive behaviour for learning (in
conjunction with the Head of Year).
Supporting the movement of students to interventions
Collecting behaviour incident statements and start
investigations where required
Safeguarding pupils, including recording of
bullying, homophobic and racist incidents
Attending Parents’ Evenings, parent meetings and
other school whole school events such as Open Evening and transitions
Supporting in raising profile of recognition in
school (hot chocolate Fridays etc)
Dealing with uniform and equipment issues
Keeping effective records of communication and intervention
Upholding of school expectations
- Assist in the day-to-day smooth running of the year
- Assist with day-to-day communication with
- Administrative support for the effective delivery of
pastoral support plans
- Working with key staff to raise the attendance for
- Administering and organising in-year admissions
- Day to day support for pupils
- Undertake supervisory duties as required
- Responsible for Year Group rewards budget, planning
and monitoring spend
- Facilitating restorative conversations between pupils
- Liaison with external agencies
- Supporting teaching staff with removal of students
- Recognising and supporting the individual needs of
vulnerable pupils including disadvantaged, SEND and CIC.
- Supporting the completion of
referrals to external agencies for support such as EHA, Managed Move, ADHD,
or other significant educational need.
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applications have been received
Neale-Wade Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting
the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all
staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check
is required for all successful applicants. The Active Learning Trust
Limited are required to conduct online searches about you as part of their
shortlisting process in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.